Verizon Unlimited Data Killed Off This Fall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac.cali, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac.cali macrumors 65816

2. frostbyte32 macrumors member

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Wonder if the current plans are going the way of the sunset also.

4. JAT macrumors 603

5. briantaylor619 macrumors member

The article doesn't say anything substantial about "pushing" customers off unlimited data, it merely says that Verizon will try to tempt them to give up their unlimited data plans with the shared family data plans coming out in the summer.

6. swiftbmx macrumors regular

They're prepping themselves for the new iPhone since it'll most likely have LTE. This basically means no one on Verizon with the latest iPhone in the fall will have unlimited data unless there's a loophole where you can buy the device outright and not really "upgrade." Otherwise, once they've introduced the new data plans, you better hang onto your device.

7. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

How long until AT&T predictably does the same?

8. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

I'd gladly pay full retail price for the iPhone to keep my unlimited plan. It's not like Verizon is the best for me. I get more dropped calls on Verizon then I did with ATT recent upgrades.

9. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Just buy the phone outright through :apple: they don't make changes to your account if you don't want them to.

10. robopath macrumors regular

Well this one does say that.

"LTE is our anchor point for data share. So, as you come through an upgrade cycle and you upgrade in the future, you will have to go on to the data share plan. And moving away from, if you will, the unlimited world and moving everyone into a tiered structure data share plan."

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/16/verizon-cfo-says-grandfathered-unlimited-plans-on-the-way-out/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.