Carrier Verizon unlimited data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rpearlberg, Sep 16, 2013.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

My wife wants to get the new iPhone 5s. She is on the grandfathered unlimited data plan and usually doesn't even use 1GB per month. There is a way to keep this plan, for an extra $10-$20 per month, but I'm not sure it's worth it since she uses little data anyway. The only downside is that once we switch off of this plan there is no going back...

What to do?!?!

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Your options are already outlined in the below thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1636259

3. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

If she already has an LTE phone then her usage likely won't change much. If she's on 3G then there is a risk her data usage may change, for some people it's substantial. Particulalry depending on how fast of a 3G connection you have. As mentioned, once it's gone it's gone forever. I'm a pry it from my cold dead hands kinda guy. Between me and my wife we average 2GB/month. Still keeping my unlimited.

4. GoGamecocks macrumors member

Same thing happened with the family plan I am on with my brother and mom. My dad decided to drop the unlimited plan when my brother upgraded to the 5, and we haven't had any issues coming close to the limit. I think we share 4GB a month, could be 2GB, but we don't come close to it. I generally connect to wi-fi anywhere I can.