Verizon unlimited data users looking to upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bswartz95, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I just called 611 to speak with customer service. My main concern was losing my unlimited data upon an upgrade.

Currently, I have a $69.99 unlimited everything plan (Verizon matched Sprint's plan in a retention offer). I've had this for a couple years.

Enter the "share everything plans". The Verizon store said that I would have to pay either $90 for 1GB of data or $100 for 2GB of data if I want to upgrade to a new phone at a subsidized price. This is a lose-lose. Pay more and get less data.

The representative at customer service (611) looked at my account and said that I have been in good standing for a long time and offered me 2GB of data for the exact same price I'm paying now. She said my average usage is 1.35GB per month. Yes, I lose true unlimited, but I avoided the ridiculous prices being sold to customers in-store on those share everything plans.

To top it off, Jenny from Verizon is calling me at 6:30am on Friday to pre-order the iPhone 5 and make sure my plan doesn't change. She even suggested I drop my texting plan by $10 to actually save me money! It's worth a call. Talk nice to them.

Go Big Red!

ps. You cannot do this through the website; there's no such option. It has to be done through a customer service rep.

2. Reaper0bot0 macrumors regular

You don't need to switch to share everything. You can replace the data plan with a 2 gig plan for the same price without changing the rest.

3. Bswartz95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Hmmm. Good to know. She didn't mention this, but maybe that's what she's doing. She said that I could not do it through the website though.

(and she tried to talk me into a Galaxy instead of an iPhone, saying I could have it tomorrow instead of next Friday)

4. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Update: No Apple.com Full Price Pre-orders

wrong topic sorry