Verizon Unlimited Line upgrade eligibility options, definitive answer please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zeeyo987, Sep 23, 2014.

1. zeeyo987 macrumors regular

So i have an unlimited line with an upgrade eligibility, does the sim swap method for sure work for people. After reading around the forums it looks like some people had mixed results. Also I did see somewhere that people who tried to remove the data plan from the dumb phone had success, I talked to verizon and they did not allow me to do this and on their website I don't see an option, anyone with a solution? Thanks

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

3. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

I'm curious about this as well. My UDP line was eligible for an upgrade so I transferred the upgrade to a TDP line. I'm hoping when the phone comes in I can just swap the sims and still keep my UDP. The only thing that I am wondering about is the pending order in MyVerizon account. How do we get that removed without affect the UDP if we never activate the sim it ships with?

4. fjd726 macrumors regular

Be careful doing that. I called this past weekend with the same scenario. I was told by Verizon that by transferring the UDP to the 2gb plan, as soon as the phone is activated, you automatically lose the unlimited on your line.

5. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

But I will never be activating the phone with the SIM it ships with. I am destroying that SIM. I will be using my old SIM from my iPhone 5s.

6. petey2133 macrumors member

Keeping a data plan on the phone line your using the upgrade on? You can do a sim swap but a $30 data package will be placed on the basic phone line for a year regardless if it's a smartphone or not. New rules on legacy plans as of sept 1st

7. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I ordered the 6 plus on a dumb phone line that had an upgrade available. When I received it in the 19th before I even turned it on I called verizon and told them I wanted to switch the phone to my unlined data plan line. He said no problem and switched it.

I also asked could I drop the 30$ data plan on my dumb phone line since I wouldn't be using it. He said he could do that and dropped the plan. I've checked it online several times and so far my dumb phone line still has no data plan and I still have my unlimited so I would just call verizon customer service if I were you and get them to do it all.

8. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

Just from what I've read, as long as you don't activate the sim with 2GB, you should be fine. As to the pending order on Verizon's website, I'm not sure.

9. petey2133 macrumors member

I work there. But hey if it doesn't automatically get put on then you sir are in luck and good to go. We have been telling people this for the past month and many were not very happy

10. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

I have two UDP iphone 5's, an iPhone 4S on a 2gb plan, and two basic phones (both have upgrades). I plan to transfer the upgrade to the 4S line, and purchase a 6, which I will activate on the UDP line. I will do it again once I have the first one activated.