Verizon Unlimited Warning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tguilliams, Sep 21, 2012.

1. tguilliams macrumors member

Just a little bit of a warning to all those that bought an iPhone 5 unsubsidized for Verizon. Go check you plan on My Verizon. I went through the automated activation/setup when you turn on the phone and I lost my unlimited data! I called Verizon and they immediately switched it back over, but according to the phone rep I spoke with, there is only a 14 day window to get it back.

Check your plans and keep that unlimited!

2. btye1 macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me, i'm on hold w/ verizon right now

3. amv1017 macrumors newbie

Same here but they changed it back right away.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

VZW really wants us off that unlimited plan! This thread should be a sticky, notify a mod.

5. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Good to know. I'll be interested to see if they have this fixed soon. Tricky of them to require you to manually retrieve your unlimited data, and give you 14 days to catch it.

6. btye1 macrumors newbie

the rep i talked to told me she had to submit a form and it would take 24-48 hours and that it wouldn't reflect on my account for up to 10 days

7. BuckDot macrumors member

All good here, but I made sure the apple rep showed me on his handset that unlimited is checked. (bought in store)

8. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Same thing has just happened to me. I should have unlimited data, and bought an unsubsidized iPhone 5 from Apple.com. The order confirmation through Apple even shows I have unlimited data. And I just freaked because I got an email saying I'm over 50% of my data usage for the month. I checked my account and it says I've used 1.7 / 2.0 GB of my allowance. WTH!!!

If there's supposedly a 14 day window to get it changed back, good thing I was notified by this email sooner rather than later.

I'm now on hold to talk to a Verizon rep about this... :mad:

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Any updates?

10. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Called and they switched my account to unlimited right away. Waited exactly 52:30 to get a hold of someone though. Not sure if they're trying to pull a fast one or "accident", I'd guess they're trying to be sneaky to get at least a few more people off unlimited.

11. tguilliams thread starter macrumors member

I wouldn't be shocked at all if that were the case. Sucks about the hold times, but glad that you were able to get everything switched back over.

Anyone else seeing this?