Verizon unlocked? and LTE bands

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bradley8795, Sep 19, 2013.

1. bradley8795 macrumors member

I have heard it both ways, can someone confirm for me that the Verizon iPhone 5S and 5C will be unlocked, and that they will work with AT&T and T-Mobile LTE? If anyone has an a link to somewhere that shows definite proof that would be great. It looks to me like the Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile iPhones will be identical, but I could be wrong.

2. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

It is the same phone correct. Not sure about the unlocked portion.. Are you a Verizon customer? If not you can just order the unlocked tmobile phone. It will work on all three carriers... Or any other gsm

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

3. bradley8795 thread starter macrumors member

I am not a Verizon customer but I am going to purchase a few phones, wanted to get the best bang for my buck, I know that Verizon will only activate phones that were originally on their network, so if it is unlocked like the iPhone 5 was that will make it perfect.

4. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I wonder if they will be able to tell if it was originally on their network since all the phones support CDMA. I mean it has to be illegal for them to deny you service when all the phones are the same

5. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

They know what serial numbers are "Verizon" phones. Those serials are loaded into their system and if you attempt to activate a phone that isn't on the list, it'll get denied.