Verizon Users - Do you get reception indoors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davewolfs, Sep 25, 2012.

1. davewolfs macrumors regular

Just wondering if you get reception in your home.

Would you consider keeping a verizon phone if you had to buy a network extender to make it work?

2. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

Not very well...with 4g off I get a 2g signal. Texts are slow as well in sending.

No I wouldn't want to mess with an extender.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I get very good signal indoors. It's all about proximity to a cell tower.... Asking someone if they get signal indoors is like asking if there is a 7-11 near your house. For some there is and for others there isn't.

4. ScionxB2k11 macrumors newbie

I get real good signal now that I am on LTe. Even in Minneapolis where was horrible at my moms house it's all good now.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

6. imazu macrumors regular

I have 3 bars on LTE after I removed the case I bought for it. there is still part of the house that it goes to 3G but most of the time LTE.

7. Goldielocks19 macrumors member

Goldielocks19

I switched from AT&T to Verizon and honestly I am not impressed. I'm seeing O way more than I ever seen E.

8. AR15MBP macrumors regular

Yup, 4-5 bars of LTE in home, 1-2 bars of 3G in a notoriously bad reception office.

9. bearsbears macrumors member

I agree! Everyone always raved about Verizon service, and I thought it would be good in NY, but so far it is terrible compared to AT&T. I get 1 bar indoors, at both home and office. And I am paying more for this??

10. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

11. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

Omaha Nebraska and No Issues I always have a strong signal.

12. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

+1 here.

Based on the coverage maps and official press release from verizon from over a year ago, specifically citing my city as having received LTE coverage, I still have poor LTE coverage in my area. I *am* in bumfuct Ohio... but the coverage map and the publication said I would have it... I guess the "gotcha" is that it won't be reliable, consistent, or fast. lol.

Indoors is a joke. My office building is made of lead, tin, and concerete.

13. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I used to get horrible reception in my house, on Verizon. No signal most of the time indoors, 1 bar maybe near some windows, full bars if I step outside. I bought the network extender a couple years ago (actually, I complained to Verizon and they gave it to me free). Ever since, I've had full bars indoors. 3G/LTE doesn't work over the extender, but I've got wifi anyway, so that doesn't matter to me.

14. Gdwheel macrumors newbie

That has been my experience. I will stay with ATT. I had VZW forever (until a year ago) and switched to ATT. I have had a good experience with ATT, but thought I would try VZW again based on all of their "claims" about superior LTE, etc. What I got was very poor data coverage with VZW (seeing "o" or 3G (which is painfully slow)) far too much. I canceled VZW and will stick with ATT. VZW is fine (good) for voice coverage, but fair to poor for data and more expensive (at least for me and my family).

15. andross77 macrumors regular

rule #1 in using a cell phone: ONLY go with a carrier that has good reception where you live FIRST, work SECOND.

Everything else comes AFTER you have followed rule #1. Otherwise, you just bought a really expensive ipod touch!

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

17. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I have great service in both my home and the building I work at. No issues here...

18. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

No LTE but I get 3 bars of 3G at the house. I would use an extender if it worked well.

19. Vengeful macrumors member

Vengeful

same here, thinking of switching back over to ATT their lte blow away what im getting now on verizon, im getting 3g speeds and below where I was getting 25 to 40mb down on att. Im getting slightly better call reception with verizon but honestly I use up maybe 45 min a month on phone calls.

20. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My entire town is saturated with Verizon 3G/4G so I always have 5 bars. I have to strain to remember when I've had less than 5 bars.

21. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Depends on where I am. "Indoors" covers a wide range of conditions.

22. davewolfs thread starter macrumors regular

Verizon called me just now regarding a ticket I opened.

My home is in between 2 cell towers and they say that this is causing effectively a deadzone indoors since the device is trying to choose between two towers

Recommendation is an extender at a cost of $250.

I'll pass. Sticking with AT&T.