Verizon vs ATT in Chicago // TORN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illusiumd, Sep 18, 2013.

1. illusiumd macrumors newbie

My wife just purchased an Iphone. I had her get on Verizon because my Sprint is god awful.

With Sprint I get no data in the West Loop. None. Zip. They recommend turning off 4g network mode to get better reception. Calls dropped. I'm hoping then to jump on her plan once my stupid Sprint contract is up.

VZN speeds at home in Wicker Park are great, but down in the Loop she barely gets any LTE. Is there any carrier right now in downtown Chicago who can handle 4G/LTE capacity? Are both ATT and VZN swamped by too many 4G devices?

We still got some time to dump VZN and jump to ATT but there just doesn't seem to be a clear winner until I can test ATT speeds in the loop too.

Anyone got any numbers to compare? Any advice appreciated.

2. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

I would appreciate some input on this, too. I plan on starting a new account with a 5s in Chicago this week and would be open to either AT&T or Verizon depending on speeds.

3. mtbiac macrumors newbie

Have you guys ever purchased an iPhone on launch day in Chicago, downtown? What should I be expecting? Worried I won't be able to get one :-/

Tips appreciated

Thanks

4. c0LdFire macrumors regular

Having used both inside of Chicago itself, they are both solid. That being said, I'd recommend Verizon overall. Once you get out of the city and drive south a bit, AT&T has some gaping 20 mile wide dead spots, whereas Verizon pretty much blankets the state.

5. iRebound macrumors regular

How far south are we talking here? I have AT&T and never experienced this.