[Verizon] What will happen to my UDP when my contract expires

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apb89, Oct 10, 2012.

1. apb89 macrumors regular

I was able to keep my unlimited data plan with my iPhone 5; my contact expires in October 2013. What will happen to my UDP when my contract expires? Will I need to 'upgrade' my phone at that time? Could I just continue to use my iPhone 5 and just, uh, 'renegotiate' my contract with Verizon to extend it the normal 2 more years while also keeping my UDP?

Any input is appreciated.

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

you're month to month after that

unless you upgrade of course.

3. apb89 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean 'month to month'.. I am on a family plan (not the shared data plan). Can a single line on a family plan go month to month?

4. 7even macrumors 6502a

You continue month-to-month. My family plan line with UDP has been month-to-month since early this year.

5. apb89 thread starter macrumors regular

I see, so would there be any changes whatsoever in terms of the billing of my line when I am out of contact? Like will my line still just be billed along with the other lines on my family plan? Basically seems like I can just stay out of contract indefinitely and just continue to use other line's upgrades within my family share plan.

Interesting

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yep! each phone line is like individual contracts, so depending on when you added each line is when each line expires . bill will be the same/come the same.

7. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

it is part of the contract that after the two years you go on month to month.