[Verizon] What will happen to my UDP when my contract expires

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I was able to keep my unlimited data plan with my iPhone 5; my contact expires in October 2013. What will happen to my UDP when my contract expires? Will I need to 'upgrade' my phone at that time? Could I just continue to use my iPhone 5 and just, uh, 'renegotiate' my contract with Verizon to extend it the normal 2 more years while also keeping my UDP?

Any input is appreciated.

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
What do you mean 'month to month'.. I am on a family plan (not the shared data plan). Can a single line on a family plan go month to month?

7even

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2008
You continue month-to-month. My family plan line with UDP has been month-to-month since early this year.

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I see, so would there be any changes whatsoever in terms of the billing of my line when I am out of contact? Like will my line still just be billed along with the other lines on my family plan? Basically seems like I can just stay out of contract indefinitely and just continue to use other line's upgrades within my family share plan.

Interesting

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I see, so would there be any changes whatsoever in terms of the billing of my line when I am out of contact? Like will my line still just be billed along with the other lines on my family plan? Basically seems like I can just stay out of contract indefinitely and just continue to use other line's upgrades within my family share plan.

Interesting
yep! each phone line is like individual contracts, so depending on when you added each line is when each line expires . bill will be the same/come the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.