Verizon Wireless is a bunch of DUMB... Ipad2.... HOW do i get a bill?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sillyrabbitt, May 7, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Anyone know how to get a bill for the pre-paid data plan? Those dopes cant and dont even email you one! Unless I am missing something? I tried to sign up for myverizon account but that doesnt work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. iPutz macrumors member

I activated using the iPad. As far as I know the only payment option is by credit card.

3. bigddybn macrumors member

Seriously?

A bill for a PRE-PAID service? You do understand what is bill is right?

4. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

Uhm. It's pre-paid. So you're paying for it up front and then recieving the access... as apposed to recieving the access then getting a bill for it and paying. So no you wouldn't get a 'bill' but if you want a confirmation type email that says they recieved your payment of X amount of dollars.... you should be getting them whenever you pay upfront. Mine sends me an email thanking me for using Verizon and what have you and lists how much I paid. It's more of an 'order acknowledgement' type thing.

5. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean "Invoice" or "confirmation" in an email is fine with the details of what I paid for and how much.

I got this the first month but the 2nd month all I got was an email saying thanks with no details at all and the DUMB IDIOTS at verizon cannot get me an invoice or a confirmation email with details.

Can anyone else confirm that every month they are charged for the service they get such an email? if so whats the subject of the email and does it contain all the details of the transaction such as cost and service? and have you for sure gotten EACH time for each month it was billed?

THANKS for the help!

6. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Call them, be clear about your request. They'll get it to you.

7. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

I swear I did spoke to many people there. too much time spent already just trying get an invoice! Thats why I am becoming a verizon hater. really combine IQ of the 5 people i spoke to is about 100 and they couldnt help me.

8. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I hadn't really noticed but you're right. That's how mine is as well. It just charges whatever plan you're signed up for at the beginning. I even just went through my emails and I did get the email listing the price and everything when I signed up. And the following month was just a "thanks you've been billed again", my bad I thought it did list more details.

However, I honestly don't know how you'd get that if you can't figure it out by calling them. It's never been an issue for me because I know how much I should be charged and that's what I'm consistently charged unless I make the change myself to a higher plan. The only reason I could think of needing the invoice is if it was for business purposes or something like that where you needed proof of charges/reciepts.

Sorry I'm not much help! I do hope you figure it out semi-painlessly though.

9. LDTaylor85 macrumors member

Is it really that serious??. Check your current bank statement online and check your usage on the iPad.

10. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

I can see it being pretty serious, especially if it's a business expense (for tax write-offs) or a company-owned iPad.

11. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

This is exactly why I need it for business / tax :( its crazy I cannot get it.
    THANKS for trying to help me though!

What do you think of this:

Cancel my plan then open a new plan each month so I get that confirm email each time?

12. tritonj macrumors 6502a

if you just went to the verizon site you would have saved yourself a whole lot of frustration, took 30 seconds to find the answer

Note: You can activate prepaid month-to-month plans (with a credit card) directly from iPad 2 with the activation feature in the Settings menu. You can activate a monthly data plan online through your online account management portal (e.g., My Verizon, or for business customers, My Business Account or Verizon Enterprise Center). You may also activate a monthly data plan by contacting our Telesales Department at (800) 256-4646 or visiting a retail store.

there are 2 options

13. sillyrabbitt, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

I called 5 different people, I called pre-paid dept, new sales ept asking for such an option its not available. I am not a business customer maybe to them it is. But a one line type account its pre-pay from the device and I am not getting an invoice. Also you CANNOT get a myverizon account separate for the ipad2 only. YOU cannot add it to myverizon I am on the phone with them now and even if you could I cannot add it to my personal account for work reasons. So while I thank you for this info (it wouldnt have saved me anytime at all) in the REAL WORLD I cannot get an invoice from these people (ridiculous). So again this makes VERIZON even dumber!

WOW thanks for the great post. Adds so much to the community!

14. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE

finally got a person with some knowledge and they told me they did in fact change the policy a week ago or so and yes you can add your ipad to an account a new one or current one on a month to month basis and will in fact get a bill. the only downside as i see it is you can go over your GB data limit on the month to month account as opposed to pre-pay.

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You're sure it's Verizon who are the idiots?

16. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

well most people i spoke to at verizon are who couldnt help me are for sure. They talk out of everyside of their mouths and dont know what they are saying most of the time it took way to much time to get what i needed and they just changed their policy!

On a side note you might be the BIGGEST one of all (not just an idiot either). stick that on your thumbs dumb oh i mean down!

17. Janet1 macrumors member

I'm 100% positive that Verizon are the idiots. I've had my complaints escalated to the VP's office several times now, receiving a $400 refund the first time, and a $600 refund the second time. If they had a brain, they'd let me out of my cell phone contract, but if they want to listen to me scream and keep refunding my money for another year instead, so be it.

18. Monty0007 macrumors newbie

Another dumb arse person who thinks they have to scream at others to get what they want. People like you make me sick. Might work sometimes but if I were a betting person I'd say you have no respect from those who know you.

19. Janet1, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

Janet1 macrumors member

My bet is that you work in customer service. Am I right?

I used to work in customer service myself. No one ever had to scream at me because I didn't cause problems, I resolved them. In fact, because of my husband's previous job, opening retail stores for a major chain, we moved frequently, and in every customer service position I ever held, I was promoted to management, usually in less than 3 months.

Only ones who ever hated me were former coworkers, stuck in the same dead-end positions for years on end and couldn't seem to understand why, especially the previous managers I replaced and the reps. I fired. What I knew that they didn't seem to realize is that the customers were the only reason I even had a job, and I treated every single customer as if I answered to them, and them alone. I absolutely can not tolerate a customer service rep. with a lousy attitude.

And BTW, I don't start out screaming, and it doesn't just work for me sometimes, but I also pick my battles wisely.

Hate your job? Change your attitude and you'll change your life.

20. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

I am glad someone understands around here! While I didnt scream at them (I felt like doing it) they made it very frustration with their incompetence, lack of training and frankly I think 4 -5 where just BSin me! In the end they did what I needed (they changed their policy).

21. Monty0007, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

Monty0007 macrumors newbie

Het janet1. No darling I actually live on the other side of the world and wouldn't work in a call centre for anyone. Just get sick of people with no brains. Oh and don't waste your little screaming fingers by replying as I'm off to sleep. Bye now

22. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Wow. What exactly is that second sentence supposed to mean?

23. Janet1 macrumors member

I do understand, and what some people don't seem to realize is that you weren't asking for a favor. Federal law requires companies provide customers with receipts for tax purposes, and you were entitled to expect compliance.

Ensuring that the company's policies comply with Federal Law is their responsibility, not yours. In my opinion, yes, I do feel that's something that a customer service rep. should KNOW, and if they were properly trained and monitored, they would.

Instead, they threw the responsibility back on your head and made it your problem? How dare they!

Not that I'm all that surprised.