Verizon won't sell full retail. Boo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PN4, Sep 21, 2012.

1. PN4, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

PN4 macrumors member

Waited in line until they opened at 8 for it too.

I guess it makes sense. They want to sell contracts but I'm still grumpy.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

The stores never sell any phones at full retail price . I have been saying this for days :rolleyes:

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

But if you are under contract can't you get a no commitment (full price) upgrade?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm sure you can but not today I believe.

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

Try the Apple store (if there's no huge line / if they still have stock). The note on their site said you will be able to buy one at full price there.

7. PN4 thread starter macrumors member

Hahaha I feel dumb for now knowing that. Why do they even advertise the full retail price if they won't sell it for that? Or is this just for today that they won't sell it?

8. InnocenceMyth macrumors newbie

Well despite this being "common knowledge" I walked out of the Verizon store at 8:12 this morning with a full price upgrade.

9. SqB macrumors 6502

You can get a "no commitment" phone from Verizon, but you will not get an unlocked phone from Verizon. They absolutely will not unlock a phone that is or was on their system, even if you buy "no commitment" or complete your contract. If you don't believe me, give them a call.

If you are looking to buy unlocked or if you ever want an unlocked phone that you can use with a US GSM carrier, don't get one from Verizon.

10. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

How much did you pay and was it a corporate store ?

11. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

I have done the same in the past. Do people think that every 4S owner on verizon is past their 2 year contract? I would bet there are a ton of people buying full price upgrades. The only thing I have seen them EVER not allow is a full price cash and carry. Meaning not activated on an account.

12. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

none of our local corporate stores will sell phones at full retail no contract prices

13. InnocenceMyth macrumors newbie

$849 for a white 64GB, corporate store in Atlanta, GA

14. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info strange that our local stores in Mobile, AL will not sell anything without a contract

15. PN4 thread starter macrumors member

For the record, I was not asking for an unlocked phone and it was a very small verizon retail store.

16. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

I had faith in Verizon to give me grief, so I ordered 64g black full price from Apple.com. Unfortunately, I didn't place the order til 7-ish a.m. launch day. The follow-up immediate email gave me a delivery date of October 5th. But good news- checked status a few minutes ago, which now reads Preparing for Shipment. Meanwhile, I'm having fun reading the shipment threads here. Hey, might as well enjoy the vicarious thrill of others! :)

17. livspop macrumors regular

It's not "common knowledge" because it's not true. I buy all my new phones at retail at corporate Verizon stores. Same was true this morning with the iPhone 5 at my local store. A lot of times, authorized retailers will not sell at retail because they need the renewal to make any money. But it is absolutely not true that Verizon corporate stores are forbidden to do so. There may be certain ones that won't, but there's no company policy against it.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is good. They have said they weren't selling them yet.