Verizon's Samsung Fascinate has major bugs, grass is not always greener on other side

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aneftp, Sep 10, 2010.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/10/samsung-fascinate-known-issues-document-leaks/

Looks like the just released Verizon version of the Samsung Fascinate (galaxy s) has some serious bugs. Verizon's other Android phones have issues themselves like the Droid X etc.

This is not to bash Verizon. It's that Apple iPhone problems are alwas magnified 10x over their competitors.

Just trying to make a point that the grass is not always greener on the other side/carriers/other smartphones.

We will see how long Verizon/samsung take to fix these issues

Disclaimer. I have Tmobile Samsung Vibrant (it's a little biggie itself) in addition to iPhone 4, BB Bold 9700 and Nokie E71. The Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone 4 are awesome phones full of specs and features.

But I always rely on my Blackberry Bold 9700 for travel/business/calls. RIM is boring but it works and that's why business people like myself carry Blackberry in addition to iPhone and Android phones.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

but compared to Apple they are not say that there is no problem.

Apple got heat and deserved every bit they got because they kept saying that it is a user is at fault. And kept saying there was no issue.

3. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Indeed, Apple has proven over and over again that it is, was and always will be it's own worst enemy.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

They all look very minor, except for the sometimes-disconnect if you hit Search while on a call.

It's too bad we never get leaks like this from Apple, so we actually know what they're aware of and consider an issue.

All we ever get is one-liners from Jobs. Can you imagine if Verizon did the same? Something like...

:)

5. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

rolf

6. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Don't forget the crapware that Verizon stuffs into the phone, limitations on search - you have to use bing, etc.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I could not agree more.

I'm a huge Apple enthusiast, but I have serious issues with Apples arrogance and pompous elitist attitude.

9. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Root it and take care of that. If I had one, that's what I would do. I can't stand Samsung's android skin anyway.

10. billycuth macrumors 6502a

there you go rolling on the laughing floor again...