Vermont Inmates Hide Image of Pig on Police Decals

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bradl, Feb 3, 2012.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That, and the Glen Quagmire phallic haystacks make that emblem just brilliant. Can't help but laugh. Enjoy!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...nt-inmates-hide-image-of-pig-on-police-decals

BL.

[​IMG]

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the funniest part about this is that it took them so long to notice. i don't see any harm in it since its nothing obvious and nearly unnoticeable unless you're looking for it.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

No offense to the VT cops - but that's pretty funny.

Putting aside the 80's disrespect intended by the word - I think they should leave it on.:D

4. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

And of course, now I see it..

Those haystacks don't look like something Quagmire would have done..

They look more like either the backup chorus in A Charlie Brown Christmas.

BL.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

If I were a cop I'd appreciate the effort. There are much worse things to being a police officer besides being called a pig so a decal on a car is nothing.

6. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

I dunno… those three "haystacks" on the left look more disturbing to me :eek:

Seriously, I think the pig is kinda :cool:, and wonder how many people would have noticed this if they hadn't made a deal about it, and just silently replaced 'em, or better yet just leave them on there.

7. interrobang macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have to say, that's pretty cool. That's what you get when you use prison labor.

Cops have to put up with a lot, true. But I think that any cop who is offended by this probably needs to find a lower-stress job anyway.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I guess they would have noticed a donut right off, but a backwards pig not so much.;)

9. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Those haystacks look like ghastly child zombies or something.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The pig doesn't dishonour the memory of any person. It's such a ubiquitous image of policemen over the last several decades that they should just take it on the chin.

But perhaps those penis haystacks are there to honour the memory of "Shaft". ;)

11. TurboMoses macrumors member

TurboMoses

Aaah, I was wondering who reported this if the police didn't like it instead of silently removing it, but the answer was in a linked article:

"State officials Thursday pointed to the failure of the quality assurance office within the Vermont Correctional Industries Print Shop in St. Albans"