Vermont moves to attract new businesses - Single Payer health care

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Apr 27, 2011.

1. mcrain, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011

mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I heard the interview with the governor, and one of the driving forces behind this bill and the support for it was the pressure health care costs are putting on small businesses and hospitals. He suggested this would result in $2500 health care cost savings per year, per Vermont resident.

Interesting Q & A with the guy who designed the Vermont plan.
    Link

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've been saying this for years. This country will never be competitive in the world market until we get health care off the backs of our businesses. Way to lead, Vermont.

3. mcrain, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011

mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

From the link I added with the Q & A...

Another interview with Governor:

4. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

Good for them. Unfortunately, CT, the only other state that was in position to follow suit after 2010 ended up with this. Thanks a lot Danny boy.

5. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

The fewer rules, the easier it is to enroll, the less a company has to pay for insurance and I'm sure we'll see Vermont become a major importer of jobs.

It simply makes no sense to hire endless layers of corporate drones just to deny insurance claims. Anyone who thinks private industry is the solution to health care has a screw loose.

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Might just have to move to Vermont! At least one state seems to be getting it right and understanding the big picture. If only they could do something about the cold winters!

7. Sam Yikin macrumors regular

Pfff, the winters are fine. Just bundle up and keep plenty of firewood handy.
    Anyway, our unemployment rate is only 5.4%, it's not like we even need this:cool:.