Very annoyed by emoji keyboard

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by dadiduekappa, Jun 11, 2017.

1. dadiduekappa macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

Why Apple doesn’t embed emoji keyboard inside a button in any kayboard? I’m really annoyed to cycle three or four keyboard to show the emoji or to long press the globe button. What do you think? It’s so difficult to understand what is simple? Maybe 5 years ago it makes sense, but now emoji is a standard, why to keep it like a usual keyboard?

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Idk man, what keyboards are you using? I only use English keyboard so it’s no issue for me.

Attached Files:

3. humar macrumors 6502

humar

I have Italian and English keyboard and I agree with the first post. If you have more than a keyboard is not that easy to switch to emoji..

4. dadiduekappa thread starter macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

Of course you have to use more than one language to start complain :)

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I’m sure that was a thought they considered but the keyboard is already cramped as it is. Where would you add another button?

6. dadiduekappa thread starter macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

Very simple, like Swiftkey for example already do. One tap open emoji, long press open the popup to choose another keyboard. No other button needed. And what about iPad? And Landscape? No space also there?

7. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

I've gotten used to simply swiping up the 'globe' icon and selecting English when I need it back to English... And I have 3 languages excluding Emoji. It's pretty annoying to keep switching until I get English.

EDIT: Sometimes the Emoji keyboard's language shortcut switches back to English, other times it doesn't. I'm not sure why.

8. dadiduekappa thread starter macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

Same here, I think it go back when your next keyboard is emoji and you tap an emoji. If you tap “abc” without choose an emoji iOS go forward to the next keyboard.
    So the best configurations can be this:
    Most used language
    Emoji
    Other languages

9. infernohellion macrumors 6502

Totally agree. Sometimes I wonder whether the people at Apple ever use two languages interchangeably within a sentence.

10. ashindnile macrumors 6502

The solution is to change the order of the keyboards in settings.
    I have the English(frequent) keyboard first in the list and emoji right after. The others appear after that.
    When you access the emoji keyboard and key one in, tapping on the switch button will go to your previous keyboard by design.

11. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

I did that, it actually saved a few taps most of the time. Occasionally it'll still go to the next keyboard though, whichis weird.