Very confused as to what cables I will need to connect my MBP to Samsung P2770H

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Drew1204, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Drew1204 macrumors member

I have honestly been looking for hours on what cable I need to connect my MacBook Pro 15 inch to the Samsung P2770H. The Samsung has a DVI-I cable. If you could give me the two cables or one cable I will need to connect my laptop to this external display I would GREATLY appreciate your help. Thanks so much, Andrew.

EDIT: One review said "I get much better pictures, especially text connecting to HDMI as compared to DVI but I cannot use the HDMI connection because it won't go to sleep." However, this does not seem likely as the quality would not differ just based on cables and maybe the user had the wrong settings...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Drew1204 thread starter macrumors member

4. Drew1204 thread starter macrumors member

5. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

DVI-I just means it has pins for an analog signal for use with a VGA adapter. DVI-D is lacking those pins, as they are not needed for a digital connection.

The specs I see for that monitor show 1920x1080 max resolution, which is supported by your MacBook Pro.

I would simply buy a mDP-to-DVI cable rather than an adapter and a separate cable.

One like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10246&cs_id=1024604&p_id=5998&seq=1&format=2

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

^^ he doesn't need the second one. as long as the dvi cable from the mDP is a digital one, he's fine.