Very dissappointed with Power Support Crystal film any suggestions for better films?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by apporacle, Apr 23, 2009.

1. apporacle macrumors member

I bought the Power Support Crystal film, it was applied perfectly and looked almost invisible. Now after just two days of usage I am very dissappointed with it. It collects dust and fingerprints even more that the iPhone screen without protection, but I could live with that if it really was scratch resistant. But it is anything but scratch resistant. During the year I had my old iPhone I took very good care of it and it only had one tiny tiny scratch on the screen.
    I have taken very good care of my new iPhone with Power Support Crystal film on, but still after only two days it has 7 visible scratches in the film. What is the point of protecting the screen with a film if the film catches scratches that the screen never would have caught? I can even scratch the film with my nail!

Do anyone here know a film that doesn´t get scratched so easy?

2. a1sterling macrumors newbie

3. apporacle thread starter macrumors member

I have ordered the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Film now.

I actually removed the Power Support Crystal film because of a new scratch in it, that actually looked like it went through the film and actually had scratched the screen. So I took it off to look and luckily no scratch whatsoever. How the film got scratched like that I had no idea, but I could literally scratch it with my nail, really bad quality for a so called protective film, but now it is off and I am waiting for the Steinheil to arrive :)

4. a1sterling macrumors newbie

Great! I really think you'll like it. It does give off a slight "matte" look, but within a day, I actually came to enjoy it more. And no more fingerprints is the best part.

As far as installing it, I found it to be easier than the Power Support. I would recommend doing it in a dust-free environment (I messed up my first one, it comes with two, but have since installed it on other iPhones with no problem). Also, you'll probably be fine, but if you have a case that fits tightly around the bezel (like the incase slider) I would suggest leaving it off for a day to let the film settle.

5. apporacle thread starter macrumors member

Thanx for the tip, I actually have an incase slider on, I´ll be sure to remember that :)