iPad mini Very limited stock of 16GB versions.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joshwithachance, Nov 2, 2012.

1. joshwithachance, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I just left the Apple store in Providence, RI because I was returning my iPad 4 due to being completely underwhelmed by it and finding the weight to be a bit too much. I had planned on exchanging it for a black 16GB iPad mini, but they only had mini's in 32 or 64GB, both colors. I then called up all the Best Buys within a reasonable distance and they also only had 32 and 64GB models. I hope they come back in stock soon. :(

Side note, the mini's are GORGEOUS in personal, particularly the black & slate model. And the screen isn't bad at all really...

Question though: Should I keep trying Apple and Best Buy stores over the next few days, or should I just order one through the Apple website and wait the 2 weeks?

UPDATE:
    So as a last possible resort, I called the last target in my area, about 10 miles away, and the guy told me they had ONE 16GB black iPad mini left in stock. I asked him if he could hold it for me if I went and picked it up right away and he said yes. So I got in my car, drove to Target, and low and behold I now have a beautiful 16GB black iPad mini!

I felt very "blah" unboxing my iPad 4 that I had gotten delivered earlier today, but unboxing the iPad mini was very exciting, and I just love the feel of it in my hand. The display isn't all that bad really, and I LOVE the weight and size. This thing just slays the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD.

2. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

I saw place the order in. If you get one from a local store, you can always cancel the order.

3. seajewel macrumors 6502

Agreed. it won't really become uncancellable until they start preparing for shipment, which probably won't be for another week or so.

4. silverhick macrumors newbie

Underwhelmed by the 4, but ok with the mini screen?

5. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Yea, what's up with that? I'm underwhelmed by the mini's screen. I'd take a 4 over a mini any day.

6. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

He could be underwhelmed by the size/weight of it and like the portability of the mini. While the 4 is better in terms of specs, for light stuff the the mini is more than adequate.

7. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I was underwhelmed with the 4 as a whole. Of course the screen is gorgeous, but it's quite a bit heavier and noticeably thicker than my iPad 2 was, and for what I do the mini will just suit my needs better.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

b.c the mini is a totally new design...looks just like the iphone 5. Also, most 16gb...phones/ipads always go first.

9. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I ended up finding one after all, guys! I updated the main post telling my story, and briefly what I think of the iPad mini. ;)

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

I found one at Target as well. It was one of the last iPad minis left in the store. My Apple Stores were sold out.

I also asked about the return policy. She told me I could return it open for full refund if I didn't like it. The receipt was vague and made it seem like they wouldn't accept opened items.

11. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Ooooooh, good to know! I was wondering about the return policy, so thanks for posting this! The store I went to only had a couple 64GBs left after I got my 16GB. So far I love mine! How about you, loving your iPad mini as well?