very loose battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sundog925, Apr 24, 2013.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

ok, so this has probably been posted to death, but i couldn't find any updated threads on the matter.

my cousin was over recently, and after wanting to clean her otterbox, she took out her iP5 (she got in december) and set it on the table. i picked it up and it felt strange. i gave it a shake, and it literally felt like the parts were moving inside. the first thing i thought of was her battery, as it felt like the entire phone parts inside were moving up and down. very queer feeling!

shes not so tech advanced, so my question is, is this an issue like I've read before? i told her to take it to apple (she bought it at best buy) and maybe see if they could help her? i read they take them in back and apply adhesive? its been more than 30 days so i dont know if she is S.O.L. any help would be great.

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

The phone has a 1 year warranty through Apple. If it felt heavy enough that it could possibly be the battery I would take it in. If it just made noise then it's most likely the camera. They have been know to make noise for several iterations. I think it's the shutter or something that rattles a little bit.

3. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i know the difference, mine has a teeny rattle and i dont really care. hers tho, this is more than a rattle, it feels like a shake weight!

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Take it to Apple and they will replace the phone. It's under warranty for 1 year. Be sure you have a backup! The back does not come off so they will just replace it.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

The adhesive that holds the battery in place has failed. This can be fixed in the Apple Store in about 10 minutes.