VERY MAD AT APPLE right now!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frostiex, Sep 20, 2013.

1. frostiex macrumors regular

frostiex

SO I woke up right at 1AM PST to order my Gold 5S in Calgary.
    Called just 5 mins ago to change my case color. and I Specifically ask this will not change my queue right? and the confirmation was a yes. So they change my order for me. The next thing I notice in my App. My entire order was canceled.

Then within 1 min deciding what to do. they called me and said my order is now canceled by accident and I have to place a new order and will be on the queue AGAIN! So I am extremely pissed.

has this happened to anyone before?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

no because I know to never funk with the order once it is placed for that exact reason. should have just swapped the case at an apple store when it arrived. :( sorry man.

3. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

That sucks. That is why I order the phone by itself every time. I almost added the dock to my order but left it off so it doesn't dork up my order somehow.

4. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Apple has never been able to modify orders after they are placed. You should have ordered the case separately or just waited to exchange the case for another color.

It sucks, but that's how Apple works unfortunately.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This has happened before and frankly, if it were me waffling on the color of the accessory, I would just swap it in store. It's not that big of a deal to me.

You have to realize that half of the people you talk to probably don't even know what they're talking about. Next time, stick with your order and fix the accessory issue later.

6. kevroc macrumors 6502

Rule #1. For midnight launch, you wake up at midnight, not 1am :)
    Rule #2. Always order accessories separately.
    Rule #3. Never change or alter your original order.

Not following those 3 rules can lead to heartbreak and misery.

7. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

8. frostiex thread starter macrumors regular

frostiex

Sigh...I have learned my lesson. :(
    I really shoul dhave change the color in store after...never though of that...

Just just got off the phone with the Manager. They are going to try and expedite my order because of their mistake. He would call me on sunday and tell me what status it would be at. and he is going to leave a open discount for me when I am to order my MBP retina or a new iPad (when the new one is released)

So I am hoping this can be fixed soon.

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

You lost your spot in queue for a phone, not some sort of life-saving medical operation...you'll live. :rolleyes:

10. Smithwicks macrumors regular

What the hell were you thinking man

11. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

This is so true! With all that is going on don't mess with your order, EVER!
    I feel for you man.

12. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

Sorry to hear that bud.
    Well, the case should have been placed in a separate order. Usually if someone wants to change colors of a device or case that is also in the order, the order had to be cancelled. That was the way it was when I bought my iPad with a Smart Case. However, best of luck to you getting one as soon as possible!

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Excellent rules.

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Last year I ordered both a 5 and a cable together, but the cable pushed back the order to two weeks even though the 5 was for launch day delivery.

Called Apple and they cancelled the cable and luckily my 5 switched back to a launch day delivery, so it can be done. Will definitely order the phone separately next time.

15. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Sounds like the Soup Nazi! :D

16. frostiex thread starter macrumors regular

frostiex

I know...it just kinda defeats my purpose of waking up during my sleep to do this...

17. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

I know, it sucks. I've woken up early to book dining reservations at Disney World only to be denied, so I know the feeling.

But relax. Breathe. Be thankful that you have the employment and income to even afford an iPhone.

18. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

hey, the good news is you're alive and well - at least I hope so :) so cheer up, it's just a phone

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

We saw too many threads last year for the very same thing. Never, Ever change your order otherwise you'll be placed at the end of the virtual line, it doesn't matter what the person on the phone states, don't do it.

I feel for the OP, though, that bites :(

21. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yep.

I saw someone mention in a thread the other day to order your iPhone by itself and then place a separate order for any accessories.

22. MN7119 macrumors regular

My 4 year old son would not make this mistake ;) Never, ever, never change a placed order on the launch day when the madness is all over. You should have ordered a new case separate and return the other one. That is the reason a retrun policy is in place: to return!!!!! :eek:

23. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

Nice. (Although he did follow Rule #1... 1AM MST = 12AM PST)

I'm more shocked that he had avaliablity on the gold iPhone in Canada. I logged in at 12:00 PST and all gold models were all showing October the second I saw them.

24. frostiex thread starter macrumors regular

frostiex

Isgh...oh well...learned my mistake and hopefully I will hear good news on sunday :(

25. kevroc macrumors 6502

Wait, what? His post said

"SO I woke up right at 1AM PST"

No worries, moving on...