Very minor defects or imperfections.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samtb, Feb 9, 2013.

?

Are you bothered by very minor defects? Would you take it back?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Samtb, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

Samtb macrumors 65816

I often hear of new Apple products having very minor imperfections such as tiny stains in the material. I'm interested to find out how many people are bothered by these things.

I think these are common on any products and are almost unavoidable as manufacturing processes aren't perfect.

2. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

When I received my IP5, it had a very, very minor scuff on the edge and honestly I voted yes since I feel defects are defects and I simply don't accept them. In this one case I knew it was going into a case so it would not be seen and out of sight out of mind.

That said, if they are going to hype it up as a precision piece like a jeweled time piece (I both a Tag Heuer and a Breitling) and those are precision time pieces that arrive with zero defects and cost more to maintain than an iPhone, but will also hold their value longer too.

3. Demonface macrumors 6502a

If the said defects aren't noticable then I wouldnt care asl long as it doesnt interfere with it daily usuage . But if there is an scratch on the screen then back to the store it goes.

4. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

I doubt most retailers would even exchange for something so minor. I know Apple would but not many others. Most retailers would probably only exchange if its very obvious.

5. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

As long as it's minor and not like a dented corner, I really wouldn't care about it. I'll put enough wear and tear on the phone, so I don't care if there's a tiny mark on it.

6. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, that's true. No matter how much good care you take of it, its going to get some kind of mark or scratch anyway with normal usage.