VERY promising 4S Unlock

Asianxfatty

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
im very curious and happy about muscle nerd for all the hardwork him and his team has put in.I got a question though, Does anyone know or have an idea if the the unlock is going to be CDMA iphone 4s or only GSM iphone 4s or even both!?! If it was both that would be super cool!!! if it ends up being CDMA, that would be godly, i would be able to switch from verizon and at&t and whatever carrier i want!!

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not info as of yet, they are currently focusing on Jailbreaking and not unlocking

Edit: they just got into the baseband bootrom so it is actually looking primising

Last edited:

Asianxfatty

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
haha alright thanks, but didnt musclenerd just say an promising unlock for the 4s is coming? jb is nice too if that came out first, guess i just have to be patient

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
haha alright thanks, but didnt musclenerd just say an promising unlock for the 4s is coming? jb is nice too if that came out first, guess i just have to be patient
You will need to jailbreak before you unlock. It doesn't make sense if he will release the unlock before the jailbreak.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
This is certainly interesting. I wonder if this is going to be an ultrasn0w style unlock, or a "permanent" unlock like in the iPhone 2G days. I guess the Qualcomm baseband isn't as secure as the other ones (would kinda make sense, since for the longest time they've only made CDMA devices which weren't locked in the same way)

Mess

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
If the jb vulnerability is there in the 5.1 beta then the jb wont be released until 5.1 is available to the public.

I would suspect it will be the same with the unlock in the bootrom.

Just sayin...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.