Very quick question about antenna scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lamboman, May 16, 2012.

1. lamboman macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Currently use Lucky Labs stuff on my 4S, however it has the vibration rattle issue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBinBlxoCNA) and I'm going to get it replaced soon.

For those of you that use the phone naked, and treat it carefully (clean pockets, not dropped, placing the phone on clean surfaces), does your antenna band have any scratches or marks? I have searched, and 99% of the threads are about Bumpers causing marks, or they deviate to screen protectors. Literally looking for a quick bit on how you treat it, and whether it's marked, nothing more :)

Thanks all! :)

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I've used my iPhone 4S naked for a while and I got a few hairline scratches on the band because of it. They're not that noticeable, though.

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I used my iPhone 4S without any case or screen protectors for a few months and got very minor scratches on the aluminum band. After I started using a bumper, a lot more scratches and blemishes accumulated.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Never seen a mark, and if I did, I wouldn't care. It's a phone; not my precious.

5. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not really a case of being anal about the phone; I've long stopped doing that. It's just that I have the Lucky Labs stuff, don't really like the look, but if it can prevent any marks I might as well. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't ask, nor would I bother buying them to be honest.

Cheers for the replies guys, much appreciated. Can I just ask, where are these scratches? Anywhere in particular (like on the edge of the phone during to friction) or just normal wear and tear through accidental knocks or whatever? Might pop there tonight and get it replaced...!

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I carry mine in this very nice, high quality leather Senna Case. It covers the phone completely, when it's in my pocket.

When it rings, it's very easy to slip it out of the case and use it as Apple intended it to be used. No case.

Therefore I have no scratches anywhere including on the display. The Oleophobic coating Apple applies is very scratch resistant and provides excellent tactile feedback. You sacrifice that... if covered with a so called screen protector.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-4s-cases/ultraslim/

7. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

What is your precious?

8. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

I know it's scratch resistant, this 4S is the first Apple product that I've used without a screen protector. I'll be honest though...there isn't much difference at all between the protector and the glass itself, at least in my experience.

Any antenna marks? The Sena Ultraslim has marked a few phones before, however, I feel that this is a rare case, I presume you have none on there?

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've never heard of a soft, high quality all leather case scratching any type of metal.

Perhaps those people put sand in the case first, then inserted the phone :eek:

10. lamboman thread starter macrumors 6502

It's essentially "polishing" the surface, not scratching it. Some of them are too tight, that's all.

Got my replacement, but any more input on the antenna? Anybody got any scratches?