Very STRANGE Snow Leopard Exposé Highlighting

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacAgent84, Aug 28, 2009.

1. MacAgent84 macrumors member

Has anyone noticed this strange occurrence when you use Exposé in Snow Leopard?

Here's an example:

When you have, say about 10 or so (it's not very consistent, so I can't narrow down an exact number) windows open between 2 or more apps and you bring up All Windows, when you move your cursor over each window you will see that Exposé only highlights the dark title under each window on "particular windows", but not others.

Why does Exposé only highlight certain window titles, but leaves dark other window titles?

There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can find. Some windows will highlight while others do not, no matter if it is the same application or not.

You might have to experiment by changing the number of windows with different titles in order to notice this, but sometimes most will highlight or a few will not highlight or more will not highlight.

Anyone experiencing this? It's very odd.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For me, it highlights windows with long titles ...

Attached Files:

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

This new Exposé behavior is going to take some time to get used to. I don't like it.

4. MacAgent84 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks r.j.s.

After experimenting with title lengths, it seems it will only highlight titles with 21 Characters or more. It seems a bit strange of a design choice to me. I would rather have it highlight every title when I put my cursor over each window.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

But, it highlights every window as the cursor moves over it.

6. MacAgent84 thread starter macrumors member

It highlights every window, but not every title unless it is 21 characters or greater. It has a slightly disjointed feel in the design. Shouldn't they both light up together for a more cohesive look?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I like the new exposé, but I don't like that the glowing blue highlight slightly covers part of the window title bubble. It looks weird. The title should be slightly farther down. I don't care either way if the title lights up or not.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I don't know if every title should highlight, but I like that it does highlight long ones.