Very upset. Guy on bus thought my phone was stained when he saw my new 512GB Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
eally made me lose enthusiasm for the midnight green. I will be heading to the Apple store tomorrow to return.
LOL,
So you're basing your enjoyment of a product on how others view it? Why not just enjoy it for yourself. I see far too many people want to show off their technology to get other people going ooh and ahh - if they don't then they're devastated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Strangers on public transportation are more likely to offer unvarnished truth about important matters. Your only mistake is you did not seek a wider swath of opinions from more people on the bus.
So true. Making life choices based on random bus passenger comments is known to chart your perfect course in life. As Aristotle once said, “bus philosophy, what could possibly go wrong”.

in other news.....Apple will be introducing a fourth style phone next year. Rumored to be named “back to back iPhone”. It will feature two backs with no front screen. This will allow users to display up to two colors simply by flipping phone around. This should completely eliminate issues like yellow screen, burn in, and the dreaded top slot.

Last edited:

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
It’s certainly not worth it to have sold your kidney for it, if a guy on the bus didn’t like the colour.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
we as a people cant let others opinions define us . if your happy thats all that matters....the same goes for everything. what you decide to wear etc .

for me as an example I am still kind of a fat guy, but I am working on getting healthier for ME and not for what others think or say I could give a ****.
Amen brother, a sentiment I have lived by my entire life. If I’m happy with x or y, then I don’t give a - insert bad word of your own choosing - what other people think.

Reactions: waquzy

Sekelani

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Brought my brand new top of the line Midnight Green MAX. I was using it on the bus. The guy next to me turns to me and says “what happened to your phone?” Taken aback, I asked him “what do you mean?” He said “did the back get discolored?”

really made me lose enthusiasm for the midnight green. I will be heading to the Apple store tomorrow to return.
He must be jealous lol. I have the same variant as you

naturalstar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Some of you need to come out of your suburban/rural bubbles.

As for OP, letting some random stranger throw off your new phone joy with a few words rooted in ignorance means you need to get some confidence and surety about yourself. You missed an opportunity to correct their said ignorance either in a cutting or educational manner (your pick). What happens when someone says something about the next color you buy? Go get some confidence.

Best to you.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
Now I officially heard everything.

OP, haters are going to hate. So many people said my previous Gold Xs Max looked pink. I didn’t care. People talked crap cause I upgraded to the Pro Max and said the Midnight Green is a ugly color. One person even told me I’m a product of American Consumerism after I preordered it. Like what lol. We live in an envious world unfortunately. You have to learn to deal with it. I’m so used to it by now.

Last edited:

digthewell

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
You've been on these forums since 2010, you should know by now it's insecurity central over here!

"Do men buy phones in this color?"

"I'm a guy, is this watch size too small for me?"

"My girlfriend's Android phone has more memory than these new iPhones! I mean we haven't kissed yet, but I think she's my girlfriend..."

"I don't care about what anyone else thinks about my choices. Yeah I couldn't care less. I happen to like my Ferrari in Hot Wheels pink and my Apple Watch Edition in rose gold. I'm going to get the Midnight Green iPhone 11 bro max. Hell, I'll get two of them. One for me and one for my accountant. I got my woman a new rack a month ago so she'll have to do with the regular pro for now. She'd be too top heavy with the max. But yeah basically I don't care what anyone thinks."
Hahaha so true. I don't get most of the inane threads that some people start under this topic.

kargurin

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2015
The guy on the bus was doing you a favor by being direct about your phone. How many are snickering and talking behind your back. You are right to return the phone.

• Haha
Reactions: willmtaylor

Status
Not open for further replies.