Vibrate on Silent? Am I doing it wrong?

armoredsaint

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
USA
So I flip the switch on the side - when I got a call it didn't vibrate, did I not set something correctly? I did turn on the LED indicator, that did flash and very brightly too -made everyone at my meeting look at me and give me a WTF look :eek::D

majuha

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Barcelona
When on Silent mode, mine is not vibrating when receiving a call. I have both 'vibrate on ring' and 'vibrate on silent' on in Settings.
When on 'Normal' mode, it does vibrate when I receive calls.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

I have a 4S running iOS6 by the way.

Rickity Rick

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
I have the "vibrate on silent" toggle on "ON" while in silent mode, but the vibrate is like a series of very short pulses. I'm running iOS 6 on a Verizon iPhone 4.

Sometimes I can't feel it pulsing, so I miss a call.

Anyone know if the series of short vibrating pulses when the phone is on silent mode with "vibrate on silent" toggle turned "ON" a new feature?

Sorry for the confusing post.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
I have the "vibrate on silent" toggle on "ON" while in silent mode, but the vibrate is like a series of very short pulses. I'm running iOS 6 on a Verizon iPhone 4.

Sometimes I can't feel it pulsing, so I miss a call.

Anyone know if the series of short vibrating pulses when the phone is on silent mode with "vibrate on silent" toggle turned "ON" a new feature?

Sorry for the confusing post.

You might have changed the vibrate style to "heartbeat". Go to Sounds and double-check.

esillman

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Check Vibrate on Ring Setting

Go to Settings=>Sounds=>Ringtone=>Vibration. Mine was set to "none". I changed it to one of the vibration options and now it works.