video and audio out of sync in imovie 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itsliz89, May 4, 2009.

1. itsliz89 macrumors member

Hi,

I'm having this issue with imovie 09 where when I export the movie project, the audio and video is out of sync starting at this specific area. What's odd though is that it plays fine while I'm editing in imovie but when the movie is exported, the file is messed up. I tried exporting using Quicktime and exporting the movie normally. I also tried replacing the clip where the problem with the audio started but it's still the same. I'm really upset because I spent hours editing this project but... :( I hope someone can help me.

edit: I'm sorry, I was so occupied with that one segment and I did not realize that my videos are just completely messed up. I watched the whole thing and I have audio from one part playing in the background of another video part. It's a complete disaster and I don't know what's wrong. As I've said, the playback in imovie looks fine...

2. itsliz89 thread starter macrumors member

Hi again. I found out the cause of the problem. It is a bug on iMovie 09.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9421614#9421614

Apparently changing the speed setting to a custom speed instead of the preset ones on iMovie causes the exported files to go completely mad. This is my first time using the speed features on imovie 09. I changed the custom speeds to the preset ones on the clicker (turtle-bunny) and the exports are good now.

3. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

This bug is still not fixed. Glad to find this thread though and know it's not unique to me.

4. T0kke macrumors newbie

5. evilaspen macrumors newbie

sad face

Ok so I see this post is almost a year old and it has just happened to me. But I didn't mess with the speed of anything. And when I go back to my original video its messed up too. WTF!

Anyone have a fix for this?