[Video] Millennial Protester from UCSD Gets Hit by Car on I-5 Freeway

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Nov 14, 2016.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Let that be a lesson learned ... don't try to take over the freeway at night. Use your brains even when you protest.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hope they recover quickly and fully. This should be a good lesson for them and the rest of the protesters.

3. Badagri macrumors 6502

4. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Well...I can't feel bad for that particular protestor nor any protestor inciting violence/blocking roads.

EDIT: Have you noticed that they weren't screaming for help? They were just there looking at that victim.

5. Badagri macrumors 6502

Probably have to check the photos and video footage on their phones first to see if it was real.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I noticed that. Right along with they were screaming about education and quickly getting one about standing on a freeway.

7. Badagri macrumors 6502

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

9. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Darwin wins again!

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Ugh, millenials (aka my generation) are basically animals... in the sense they clearly don't have the ability to understand cause and effect relationships. Like a dog will run across traffic until it gets hit. Who would have guessed wandering out into highway in the dark would result in getting plowed down by a car?

Luckily the emergency services made it there and weren't impeded by another group of protestors blacking another highway. :rolleyes:

It looks like the girl will be fine, it looked like a leg injury. No blood. I'd say she's pretty lucky though.

I think protesting on highways should be illegal. Primary reason it's unsafe and yet evidently people aren't intelligent to realize it. Secondarily all traffic congestion issues and associated costs of that.