[VIDEO] Obama and Trump Meet - Something Shocking

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 10, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Shocking (to me, at least) is that Trump says this is the first time he's ever met Obama. I'm surprised. Eight years in the White House and Trump and Obama never met. I wonder if that fueled any of Trump's "hate" towards Obama. Perhaps he felt slighted? Who knows. But they were both friendly to the cameras here...

2. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I haven't met Obama. And I don't feel slighted.

3. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Wow! Trump was finally caught on film grabbing a *****!

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I think he meant met for a real conversation, I am pretty sure they shook hands before. Wasn't Trump invited to a few dinners at the WH?

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

That's pretty disrespectful. How are you going to respond to people that disrespect Trump when he's president?

6. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I've had little respect for liberals, the media, and most importantly, social justice warriors. After seeing their nonsense since Tuesday, **** 'em.

We will be merciless against them. MERCILESS.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Too bad Obama didn't knock him the **** out. Now that would make for great TV.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you want a divided America?

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

While his comment is in poor taste, lets not play the "Whoa is me". Harry Reid and Pelosi did nothing but disrespect a sitting president (Bush), they didn't even try to hide some of the things they said about him.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's unacceptable.

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Not sure what relevance your comment has. Neither is acceptable. I didn't play any whoa is me card.

12. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

We've always been divided. Left vs right. Now when the right wins, the left throws a temper tantrum and riots. Wait until Trump actually starts implementing his agenda (assuming the establishment cucks like Ryan don't impede).

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...oblem-in-america.2013870/page-6#post-23897803

And pretty sure the right has been throwing temper tantrums - especially Trump for most of the election. It's time to put that all that crap in the rear view mirror.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

President Obama is quietly schooling Trump about what it means to be President. That the job and the office is far bigger than any individual. That regardless of party or political persuasion, one has to be the President of all Americans. The President cannot be seen to be spiteful, vindictive, or petty.

I also have a feeling that the massive amount of briefing material, and the special transition teams from each Cabinet Department that are now working with the Trump people might be having an effect. The incoming administration has to fill some four thousand appointed positions. And a slip-up or piece of bad biographical information on anyone of them could end up embarrassing the President.

Trump reportedly thought he was going to be at the White House for about fifteen minutes - basically enough to shake hands, and pose for a couple of pictures. Obama kept him there an hour and a half, personally briefing Trump on a range of pressing domestic and international matters.

I just don't think that an outsider like Trump, with few political connections or experience, has any idea what he was walking into.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He was touching himself again?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Why do you hate America?

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Post of the week. A+. And Trump is famous so Obama just let him do it. ;)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    You guys have been disrespecting Trump for over a year. That going to change just because he's president now? I think not?

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I think you nailed it. You don't have to imagine too hard when you look at Trump's face during the video that he's perhaps overwhelmed. Can't blame him for that.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wine and complain and cry hater.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ya the honeymoon is over. Trump is in way over his head now and he needs to put his big boy pants on and become a leader. I wonder if regret is starting to set in for him.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well played. You win the Internet today.

BTW, I can't help noticing that Trump's hands are a bit larger than Obama's...

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'll add that for much of his 18 months, for him, it's been about putting others down to make himself look better. He's now in the place where he needs that help to transition. That's where his energy needs to be - transitioning. And I am sure there's a sense of "loss" in his routine.

To put it in a lighter sense, consider the line from The Princess Bride "Is very strange. I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it's over, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life."

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He will have to give up his twitter devices, how is he going to handle that?

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He has to give up his freedom. He will need to be handled and that will drive him nuts. Interesting times we live in.

24. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Don't forget what Reid said about Obama:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/09/obama.reid/

Note: I used the CNN link and not the Foxnews one. So no one can dispute it. :p

25. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

blah blah blah. Trump threatened tantrums and riots before the race was even over were he to lose.