Video of Elderly Black Man Beating Racist White Guy After Being Called N-Word

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Apr 21, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

of course racism is dead. I would buy this guy several beers.

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_gr...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

even more tacky to have your ass handed too you and thrown off the subway by a old guy.

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

That poor old guy must have been hearing that crap since the day he was born, to be hearing it again at his age in 2016 on what was supposed to be a normal train ride must have really hurt. I guess alcohol really is liquid courage, how do you throw n-bombs at an old guy in a train full of black people?

The racist prick was actually pretty good looking, it sucks when the hot ones are ignorant bigots...

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

HOPE THE old guy did not go to jail.

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

can you imagine him reporting a old black guy beat his ass? bet he went home and beat on his girlfriend to feel better. seems the type.

7. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Wow, the hypocrisy in these comments is downright embarrassing.

Making fun of the victim of physical violence? Check.

Armchair quarterbacking and judging? Check.

Condoning and congratulating physical violence? Check.

All from those who like to think they're up in an ivory tower.

Racism sucks. Yes, it still exists. The guy is an ass. But there is never an excuse for words to result in violence.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

15 minutes of calling the guy the N-word, he was looking for a beat down, play stupid games/win stupid prizes.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Sometimes, a black eye and a healthy dose of public embarrassment is exactly what some people need.

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Not much on violence solving problems but sometimes it is going to happen. It was not like he was attaking someone just for the hell of it.

11. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

And it's not like he deserves a beer for it, either.

Especially after having said things like...
    Shameful hypocrisy.

12. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

The black guy was the victim. It was very well recorded what was going on.

13. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

And on that well recorded video, it clearly shows only one of them breaking the law.

It's amazing how you can twist that to claim that the one breaking the law was more the victim than the one who was beat.

That's some serious apologist logic there, congrats.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    If it were an immediate response, I'd be calling out the black guy for losing his temper way too quickly. Everyone should be expected to keep their cool in the heat of the moment.

But when it comes after 15 minutes of sustained insults? Yeah, the guy was begging for a smack upside the head.

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

so no one can ever do anything to a attack? just sit and take it for 15 minutes? I know the white guy was innocent and was just practicing free speech.

16. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Oh, I absolutely agree with the stupid games/prizes.

I'm merely pointing out steve's hypocrisy, and how he continues to try to justify it.

I guess he has more in common with Trump than he'd like! ;)

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Probably has a night job and a number of psychiatric disorders and/or superiority narcissistic complex...

Thankfully the one guy was drunk to make being beaten easier. I don't think he was in the right for assaulting, but it is a reaction to a premeditated, heinous action. I wouldn't charge the guy at all for throwing the punch, some issues are just so obvious that also go back a long way regarding history. It effectively became self-defense.

I never knew it was courageous to shout the N-word in a train full of innocent people that had done absolutely nothing to hurt others.

Yes, being really pwetty makes it OK to do. :rolleyes:

Everyone ages - society's superconscious fetish on what's pwetty is so out of tune with nature and reality, both of which are the same...

I'm sorry you've never had to deal with a lifetime of slurs, being looked at funny, taunting, being used and abused because of having different attributes. I have. While I've almost never responded with physical violence, I know full well what it's like to live a lifetime of nasty treatment.

If sufficiently provoked, people tend to respond to ambient environment. Violence has, historically and as response to provocation, been the last resort. Doesn't make it right, but people who say "he threw the first punch so he's the one that's wrong" never seem to give a damn about what led to the punch - which is typically so invasive, hurtful, or worse that no other reaction was available at the time. Violence almost never occurs without reason, so unless the man who threw it has a psychological disorder atypical for the general population-- oh, wait, he doesn't. A lifetime of dealing with slurs is not being a wimp. It's being fed up of being ill-treated so cruelly and for having done nothing wrong. The contextual qualifiers are as big and encompassing as a crystal clear cathedral.

So, what is the solution - what reset button needs to be pressed and how do we all move forward as a society? Now once we, you and me and everyone else, can come to a consensus in wiping the slate clean and starting anew equally and making more of an effort to work with one another as opposed to being slimy with superiority mindsets and taunting or abusing people because they're different...

Want solutions? Let's look at the big picture. Otherwise it's just as much empty talk to say "words to result in violence" when the people saying that probably haven't had it 1/1000th as bad as those who do get so wound up that they feel they have no recourse, especially after decades of purported improvements and then another incident comes in that puts more salt into the wound.

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Some folks need their nose broken, this guy did and he got it.

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

whatever. I ahve been in the old guys shoes I know what it is like to be bullied for a long time. the old guy was the victim but he changed that to the breaking the law. but the white guy was never the victim. sorry but trump followers would have rooted for the white guy.

20. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You should win some sort of an award for word twisting.

1. I meant "liquid courage" in the sense that it gave him the balls to spout his racist BS, which he probably wouldn't have done sober. It's liquid courage and a truth serum all in one.

2. When did I even remotely say being pretty makes it ok? I just happened to mention that I found the racist prick to be physically attractive. And how did you manage to turn it into an ageism thing?

Mind. Boggled.

21. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

The guy who got beat up, was never the victim.

Again...
    The guy who got beat up was never the victim.

What. The. Everloving. F***.

That is so incredibly delusional and apologistic, I don't even know what to say any more.

Stay classy, steve.

22. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

If you attack someone you loose the victim card. I bet the white guy was committing a hate crime. but hey lets feel sorry for the drunk puke he was such a good guy just minding his business. too bad I can't conform to what you think I should.

23. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Either way, this is a weird story. He verbally assaulted him for 15 minutes and this is the result? Weird weird humans walking around. If someone is verbally assaulting me I'm leaving - not taking it for 15 minutes followed by pounding a low life into the ground on a subway.

24. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Who is feeling sorry for the guy? All I'm doing is pointing out your hypocrisy, which you can't help but continue to double down and try and justify.

Keep up that apologist attitude.

25. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

well a little hard on a subway. but that is usually the wise choice.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 21, 2016 ---
    whatever sorry I am not perfect like you. I am sure you never never practiced it yourself.