Video out on 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Black Diesel, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Black Diesel macrumors member

I bought an iphone 4s and thought I would be able to plug it into my stereo deck in my car via USB and watch streaming video....I was able to get the audio to work through the ipod function but no video...I also tried under AUX and the screen is just black. Anyone know how to do this? I'm plugged into the USB port on the Pioneer deck.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iPods and iPhones cannot output streaming video via a USB connection.

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

You need a cable that is specifically for outputting video, if you don't install appletv in your car and stream it wirelessly hehe..

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Based on what? Do your due diligence before the purchase next time and, as always, consider your sources when doing your research. As stated above, you can't output video via USB.

Which Pioneer deck are you using? Have you verified that it can accept video via USB?

5. dickdaney macrumors regular

I have a pioneer x910bt unit. For my unit you need a special cable that has the composite video and av connections. It plugs into the back of the radio.

6. Black Diesel thread starter macrumors member

Okay thanks for the info, I'll look for the special cable I need.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

8. dickdaney macrumors regular

Dude, go to the pioneer website and lookup your head until. Then look up the cable you need.