Video: Real Life Demo of Siri...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Oct 10, 2011.

1. iphone5expert macrumors newbie

2. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Looks like a nice commercial, but I will wait to see it at the Apple store in real life, and see if it truly acts that "smart" ? Seems too good to be true to work that effortlessly and smooth, without screwing up or making mistakes

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

4. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

Did y'all even watch the OPs video? It's clearly a spoof.

Edit: Damn, beat me to it!

5. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

He didn't.

6. Dronomophone macrumors regular

How many times is this video going to be posted everywhere?

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Why do you care - if you know it's "that" video - just don't click/watch.

8. David R macrumors 6502

The problem is that there is no way of knowing that this is yet another link to the GLaDOSiri video.

Maybe saying something like: HUMOR or FUNNY in the subject line would prevent people like that poster and me from clicking on the thread, putting on our headphones (I'm at work during my lunch break so I need headphones) and clicking on the video only to find out it's the same video that has been posted multiple times.

xoxoxo
    David R

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I understand. But at the same time - one should remember that message boards - especially this one - especially now - is very in flux and threads that might be noticed in one hour could be totally lost an hour later. I actually searched the first two pages and saw no mention of this video - so figured I would post it. Of course frequent/active visitors might have seen it before - but that doesn't mean everyone or anyone who would enjoy it has.

my .02

10. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

It's really not even funny. It had the chance to be but it was the same fat joke over and over. The 4S spoof is definitely funnier.

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

12. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I did and it is a commercial type of thing. It isnt real life. Real life would be somebody on youtube who has one and is showing how it works. Not a corporate made demonstration.
    If it works that good in real life as it does in that video then it will be a great addition and one id like to have, but we will have to wait and see when the phones come out.

13. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You did? And you think it is a real commercial?

Did you watch it with the sound ON? ;)
    Makes a big difference…

It is a spoof.

14. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

It's been dubbed with GLaDOS' voice (from Portal).

15. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Sadly, I've seen the spoof several times. It's not til this thread and some one posted the original commericial did I see what the original commercial showed.

Heh, and I think I prefer Glados (right name?)'s voice honestly (Without the attitude of course).

----------

Uh, you mean you saw the beginning few seconds, realized it looked like a commercial and you wanted to see a real life demo so didn't watch the rest, right?

Or you weren't listening at all to the video?

Because it's obvious you didn't watch it cause you really just made a fool of yourself right now.

16. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Watched it twice but thanks for assuming...which, you know what that means, ..you made a Ass out of U and Me
    I dont know who glados is. I just thought it was funny, but i have no idea who Glado is.

Sorry im not up on peoples usernames like you are :rolleyes:

17. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

I'm not even sure he watched the iPhone 4S keynote...

18. Nocaster, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Nocaster macrumors regular

wtf?

:(

19. wratran macrumors regular

With all the noise in the apple store...Thers no way it will work... Will not recognize your voice

Marketing gimmick is just like any infomercial

The keynote demo was done in complete silence, no background noise

20. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

21. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Lighten up Francis........if your time is that valuable, what the hell you doing surfing forums!

22. tigress666, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well let me spell it out for you since you seem to insist on making an ass out of yourself (the only way I'm making an ass out of myself is spending my time arguing with some one who insists on keeping playing the fool.. actually I'm beginning to think you are just a very good troll).

The video the OP posted was not a commercial. It was a *JOKE* spoofing a video game character's voice (the character's name was Glados I believe). On top of that, even if you didn't recognize the voice (which I didn't as I've only played Portal a few times and had to have that pointed out to me), you can tell it is a joke if you pay attention to the video cause the voice keeps insulting everyone it is talking to (it is very obvious APple would not be programming it to do that). You insisted you watched it after saying, "Oh, it was just some commercial video." when anyone with a brain who paid attention would have realized it was very obviously not a commercial but a spoof (and they would not have even had to known what Portal was or realize the voice was any different to realize that. Companies don't advertise that their products are going to call you fat and tell you what a miserable life you have). You should be happy I'm assuming you just weren't paying one whit of attention or just skipped watching it rather than assuming you were so dense you couldn't figure out it was not a commercial.

Put it this way, I didn't recognize it was Portal's voice til some one responded to you it was Portal's voice. I hadn't seen the commercial it spoofed until you posted the actual commercial. Even then, when I first saw that youtube video I knew it was a spoof (I just didn't get all the connections but it was very obvious it wasn't an actual commercial for Siri).

This is why everyone else is either laughing at you or very confused at what you thought you saw.

I'm sure the people laughing at you though are going to not thank me for explaining to you why you keep making a joke of yourself.