Video recording audio not recording.. wtf?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smiffy78, Sep 26, 2013.

1. smiffy78 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 has since new never recorded any audio while recording video. I have read other people have had the same problem. WTF is going on? I used to use my IP4 to record bands gig at the pub where it was very loud indoors and the IP4 recorded it perfectly. The 5 however has just a hissing sound and absolutely NO sound. Disappointed. I have taken it to Apple geniuses and they say that because it uses all 4 microphones in video it can not be fixed. How could a phone be released that has such problems? wtf. not happy jan. I used to video alot of bands and the 4 certainly did not have this problem. Any suggestions? Even if i use it to film normal sound stuff it still happens.

2. matttye macrumors 601

3. SR71 macrumors 68000

Bring it to a different apple store or a different genius. Better yet, ask for the manager and tell them that this is completely unacceptable. If I were you I'd be raising hell if they told me it couldn't be fixed. You deserve a replacement.

Note: This only applies if you're under warranty still. If not, you'll have to pay out of pocket. You should've brought this to their attention right when you got the phone.

4. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Can you talk on speakerphone and people hear you?

5. billycuth macrumors 6502a

6. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I'd first try and do a full restore from iTunes.

If that doesn't work, take it back to Apple and get a replacement.

7. smiffy78 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol

haha lol good one !!

----------

yeah speaker fone works good... if there is any sound comin through on the video it is a faint sound of what it's recording, but overridden by the hiss sound like really bad wind...

----------

not sure how long o warranty i have with it got it in jan this year so probably if its a year... the problem is too though is i've read other people's complaints about the same thing, .. one guy had 3 replacements and they all had the same problem... i think it's a common problem with them. ive just tried talking normally into it while recording video and it comes out krystal clear, ... i think it's if i use it to record loud bands or something it does this hiss...

----------

while i was at the apple store the first time showing old mate genius he spoke into it while recording video a number of times and even on memo aswell to test it and it worked fine for him.. just not the bands i had recorded. maybe it was in a too loud area or something. just don't get it that the 4 was (to me) wayyyy better video/audio quality...

8. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well he just confirmed it worked. Can you post video sample with the hiss?