Video shows city worker's tirade against to Toronto Police officers, pulls race card

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by smellysox8, Sep 14, 2016.

1. smellysox8 macrumors regular

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/1...ers-tirade-against-to-toronto-police-officers

https://vid.me/MlfA

I am comforted in knowing that this sense of entitlement is not only limited to the US :rolleyes:

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Hey. You found an Ay-hole.

Thanks for pointing one out. I was afraid they had ceased to exist.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"I've been to school for this." Interesting both the cops and him work in waste management.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably on the union payroll wasting our tax money.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I see what you did there

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Canada appropriating more of our culture.

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well I mean they are our hat after all.

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Dang, imagine the response if white people called blacks those things, especially from the liberals. Given the claimed meaning, maybe nobody of any color should or are double standards encouraged just for the thrill of it?

Or shades of brown since, strangely, "race" in America seems to be solely a black or white issue as if those are the only two in the entire universe.

Still, race trickery aside on the worker, if profiling is an issue then it is still theoretically possible for people to be "sellouts". And it's easier to use manipulation than to discuss issues like adults in the first place, since it's then easier to shift blame afterwards toward those manipulated than to share blame like adults.

At least the desensitization will eventually have all people completely stop caring about race-based entitlements, real and perceived, at some point, and finally work on the issues together - hopefully as a unified society that works to include rather than exclude. There should have been better ways to progress, though.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You used the plural form, "people," instead of "person."

imagine the response if a white person called blacks those things, especially from the liberals. ...

I think my response would be the same ... that person is an ay-hole.

The problem is when we see the behavior of a single person and then try to project that upon a whole class of people.

10. stroked Suspended

stroked

You really believe this is an isolated incident?

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I believe it's a serious drag getting a parking ticket for ao 45-second breach of law. Been there, done that, almost got myself arrested one time I was so mad. Revenue generators, ai.

12. AsherN macrumors 6502

He was not upset over the ticket. He was upset over the cop waiting and asking him for his license and registration. He was an ass, but I can understand the frustration.