Video shows FSU quarterback punching woman at a bar

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 7, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/florida-state-university-qb-suspended/index.html

the guy is 19, how is he in a bar? fake I.D?
    anyways, BOTH got stupid by getting physical.

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

It looks like she struck him first when he was trying to restrain her and he then hit her. However he should have just walk away take the old saying" never hit a woman". IMHO she looks like a crazy girl.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-ex-fsu-qbs-punch/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it's a bar, I think they BOTH acted stupidly, people do bump into you simply because everyone is pushing each other. if she would have settled down a bit he could have left . he was dropped from the team & that will hurt him in the long run.

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

That chick needs her threat assesments meter recalibrated. He's obviously much bigger, much stronger and willing to navigate with a purpose through a crowd of people.

She's seen too many movies, and learned an important life lesson about being proactive with hands and words in a fight she will never win.

Just like your parents told you when you were little, keep your hands to yourself.

8. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Can't really argue with that. I've seen men and women bumped around in clubs and bars in Vegas all the time, and nothing like that happened. A simple "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I'm just trying to get a drink" would go a long way here.

With that said, you can see her clinched fist that would provoke aggravation, let alone her knee. He also didn't think before acting in this case, because as an old billboard sign used to say, Words hit as hard as a fist.

Both are at fault here, but it's sad that this could have cost him his scholarship and career, let alone playing gridiron.

BL.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's exceptionally stupid to threaten someone just because both are trying to get through a crowded bar, and she took a swing at him over that. If she wasn't seriously hurt, and it is as it appears (she seems to have punched him first), I would say she learned a lesson. Don't assume the other person won't hit back just because you're a woman. I don't have a lot of sympathy for trailer trash nonsense.

That is actually true. I don't think the sports leagues really care about any of this, but they do care about bad PR.

11. sim667 macrumors 65816

I thought US football team members punching women was just the start of their mating ritual

12. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Wait, so he was suspended for hitting someone who started a fight with him?

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That was a natural, reflexive action for him. This isn't the first time this punk has punched a woman.

15. ucfgrad93, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Source?

I guess a woman is free to hit someone in the face and not face any sort of consequences

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Yea, poor guy. I'm sure that feeble half-slap was worse than anything he experiences on the football field. :rolleyes:

A real man would have turned his back on her and walked away. Only a punk hits a women.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Should that give women free reign to aggravate the issue, let alone assault a man? Keep in mind her knee in his groin at the 0.33 mark. I'll give her the pass for the bumper bar in his chest, as she is trying to keep some distance between her and him. But you definitely do see her knee connect to his groin.

If that's the case, while I agree that the bus driver in Cleveland was wrong in what he did, why should the girl there get a free pass in pushing and spitting on him, which was assault?

I agree that a real man would and should have turned and walked away. But a real woman should know to do the same. Neither did.

BL.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, you don't have a source for your claim that this isn't the first time he has hit a woman. As usual, you are just making **** up.

The guy is facing charges and has been dismissed from the team. While the skank who hit him first in the face and kneed him in the groin gets off scot free.

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Somebody has a recently broken heart. Don't worry, you were too good for her anyway. ;)

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Still making **** up, I see. Happily married for over 17 years.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    And if your happily married wife were to pop you in the face one good time, what would you do in response?

22. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I know the cool thing to say is that they were both at fault, but based upon that video - and especially based upon the apparently-provable, unsolicited knee to the groin - I gladly lay the entirety of blame at her feet. I don't care if they were both male, both female, male-female, female-male, whether he was bigger and she was smaller, etc., he does not share any blame in this, based upon the video footage and the knee/kick.

I know there are public image consequences and all, and that's fine, but in myopic terms of right and wrong I say he did nothing wrong.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I certainly wouldn't do what De'Andre Johnson did. That said, it is amazing that so many are condemning him while completely ignoring what the girl did first.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Can't argue with that here.

However, the bigger issue (read: telling lack) is that we are only seeing VIDEO footage. According to the article, racial epithets were also thrown in his direction. So unless we have some seriously good lip readers here, we don't know how much more aggravated the situation is, which prompted the hit. If she kneed him and tried to swing as the same time as racially vilifying him, there's a serious case against her as well. Not that this would vindicate him for anything, but there is just as much bad here with her as there is with him.

BL.

25. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    She started it, no doubt. And if the reports of her screaming out slurs while doing the punching and crotch-kneeing are true, she probably deserved it.

But that still doesn't make it entirely kosher. Call me old fashioned, but you just don't hit women.