Video test of all the top smart phones

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by apolloa, Apr 19, 2017.

1. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

I have to say, I'm not impressed with ANY of the phones performances in this video, what do you think?

2. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

3. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

What improvements would you like to see in the cameras, @apolloa?

4. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Better exposure, natural colours rather then oversampling. Far less water painting effects due to aggressive noise control algorithms. Better automatic systems...

But each person has different tastes so what I want is different to what someone else wants.

I would like the iPhone to be better at taking photos of my dog, I tried the 7 twice before going back to the 6S, because it has been the worst one for smudging and water painting my dogs fur. I believe they've made changes since to try and fix the issue so may try the iPhone 7 again.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I used the iP7+, V20, and S7 edge as a dash cams a couple times just for fun. All at full resolution auto.

The iP7+ had the best stabilization, best true to life colors, but too many stutters with playback and poor focus in light transitions.

V20 had the clearest video, almost no stutters, but in darker light like very cloudy conditions it has noticeable noise.

S7 edge had the best focus, no stutters, but color saturation was noticeable.

I haven't tied my S8+ yet.

6. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I find it funny that people still bitch about cell phone cameras. You simply can't expect a digital camera the size of a large zit to perform as well as a DSLR from Nikon or Canon. You just can't.