Video: Trump advocated Libya intervention beyond what Obama/Clinton did

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Here you go, speaking directly to camera Trump advocated a boots-on-the-ground Libya intervention - complete with 'welcomed as liberators' type rhetoric - that goes way beyond what Obama/Clinton did. Of course, Trump now brazenly criticizes the Libya intervention as something that never should've been done.

(via)

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

That’s because Trump wasn’t in the government and instead was receiving his propaganda from mainstream media, he was basing his flawed reasoning on flawed information. You had Rachel Maddow on MSNBC spewing propaganda trying to make the case for supporting intervention, it wasn’t just the usual pro-war suspects. At least now, Trump says that Libya was a horrible disaster. Another good thing is, Trump has Gen. Flynn on his team. It is Gen. Flynn who wants to decapitate Obama/Hillary/CIA/Saudi/Israeli terrorists in Syria, not the Syrian government. Whereas Hillary wants to continue supporting the terrorists and overthrow the Syrian government. Trump wasn’t in power, he didn’t have inside information. Obama and Hillary were, and did. So instead of criticizing The Donald for being fed fake information, you should be smashing Obama and Hillary for arming al-Qaeda terrorists and other jihadists, overthrowing the Qaddafi government and destroying Libya. It is Obama and Hillary who should be the focus of your condemnation and anger.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you're grading him on a curve just like the MSM, congrats

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Unsure to which “curve” you refer.

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you're just giving trump a pass because he was "fed by MSM" what kind of BS is that? he has shown a history and record of supporting invading places foreign countries. he obviously hasn't done anything YET because he was a private citizen.

either you 1) are NOT going to take him at his word when he says he will bomb suspects and their families which shows that even you can't implicitly trust him or 2) you ARE taking him at his word and don't care, and are showing some bias because your hatred of obama and hillary is clouding your judgement.

it can't be both

7. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

No, you’re misconstruing and misinterpreting what I said and implied.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

what did i misinterpret? you said trump should get a pass because he was fed "false information" and has "flawed reasoning" because of that? have any proof that the information was flawed? and why give him the benefit of the doubt in the first place? he'll have to filter through BS noise and information everyday as president.

he has shown he can't physically hold back and wait for all available evidence of something and then make a decision.

9. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Yes, Trump should be given a pass of sorts because he wasn’t in the government, had no involvement in destroying Libya, and was fed false information and propaganda through mainstream media. I have no idea what classified information Trump would be fed as POTUS, but he already has a moderately good guy on his team in the form of Gen. Flynn. Have you read Seymour Hersh’s January 2016 piece? You should, Gen. Flynn is quoted multiple times. As for Trump not being privy to insider information, case in point:

Trump: 'All I know is what's on the Internet'

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...824-trump-all-i-know-is-whats-on-the-internet

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Sunday defended his comments that a man who tried to rush the stage during a rally on Saturday had ties to ISIS, saying all he knew about it came from what he saw on the Internet.

"Now, I don't know. What do I know about it? All I know is what's on the Internet," Trump said on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.​

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

if you're giving trump a pass because he didn't work in government, you can't use the fact that he never bombed innocent civilians as a reason that he's better than clinton, who has worked in government, especially when trump says he will.

thanks for the link.

as for trumps stupid quote: even ****ing high schoolers know not to trust everything on the internet unless its sources are cited. trump admitting that he just gets "his information from the internet" is him admitting he's a ****ing dumb buffoon. but we already knew that from his behavior.

11. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

False, it is you who cannot use an argument that Hillary isn’t worse than Trump. It is Hillary who already has killed thousands and thousands of civilians; destroyed multiple nations; armed terrorists including al-Qaeda; caused genocides; caused the refugee crises; etc., on and on. Trump, to our knowledge, hasn’t killed anyone. Trump hasn’t been involved in any of these crimes. Hillary, at present, is, at minimum, thousands of times worse than Trump. Hillary is the worst 2016 candidate, she’s the biggest piece of **** this election season. I don’t want to argue with you, because I don’t want to be mean to you. Hillary is worse than multiple Trumps, and Hillary’s plans if POTUS, are worse than anything Trump would do. If you’re supporting Hillary, you’re making a mistake. You’ll have the blood of millions on your hands.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What's the next stage up from a Godwin?

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump has supported every failed policy that he rails against. Let's face it, no policy on the ME has been successful for at least 34 decades now.

14. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

According to Trump that's how he gets most of his info and he seemed more then ok with it.

15. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

That’s where most of us get our info. :p

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

And we all have opinions based on it. If we choose to make a statement on a subject and later decide to participate in public office, then those statements are fair game.

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Trump uses the same sources now as he used then. He has admitted he doesn't do research and doesn't read.

I hope the people doing his security briefings are using small words.

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Hand-sized

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

So it's not the concept but the poor handling of what took place between 2011 and now?

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Clinton should run this as an ad along with Trump claiming he was against it.

21. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

The Laffer laughter curve.

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

be mean to me? who do you think i am? trump? just say what you wanna say dude. personally i don't think he is the lesser of two evils. neither is it fair to tell me I have blood on my hands lol. no one who votes for hillary (or any other candidate for that matter) can control them and their policies. they do what they want and we hope most of it aligns with how we feel the country should move.

trump is 100% opposite of that. you have a very absolutist view of things

23. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

How do you know she has?

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Trump talked, while Cankles and Obama actually did overthrow Khadaffi and turned Libya into an ISIS-controlled, failed-state/Islamist snakepit. And Hillarybots believe that is a good thing.

f71f1c1aab006332df406471947b952e4cd2ee99f342772dd794d50442612a21.gif

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

trump didn't work in any type of government. what a dumb comment