Videos and Syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcmo, Dec 17, 2011.

1. kcmo macrumors member

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about videos and my iPhone.

I've shot two short videos (less than a minute) using my iPhone but when I did an iTunes sync, they didn't get transferred to my PC. I'd also like them transferred to my iPad.

Any tips?

Also, the videos show up under camera roll on my phone, as opposed to under videos. can I move them?

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have to import them first. Use iPhoto or some other photo management tool to import them. Then add them to the iTunes library. They should then sync to your iPad and appear in the videos section on the iPhone.

3. kcmo thread starter macrumors member

Can you explain further? Are you saying I need another program on my phone to do this? This is my first iPhone so I'm still learning. Thanks!

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No, you've got to import them from the phone to your computer, using iPhoto, or a similar software.

5. kcmo thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh OK. Well I'm using a Dell laptop so I guess iPhoto won't work. Will do some research. Thanks.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Very welcome! I'm not sure what the options are for windows, though I have 7 on my notebook and it usually auto detects and asks if I want to import.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Open up My Computer and you should see your iPhone. From there you can import your videos.

8. kcmo thread starter macrumors member

Got it to work! Appreciate your help :)

So much for all this iCloud stuff and the computer being 'just another device'......:(