videos app gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by andybno1, Jun 7, 2017.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

hey all,

I updated my phone to ios 11 and yeah where has the videos app gone? not being in the US I don't have the TV app so wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I only noticed when I synced to itunes, I've installed the app since this message but considering I had it installed before the upgrade found this odd

Attached Files:

2. marklemac macrumors regular

marklemac

I went to download the new battle of the apps video earlier from the itunes store on the phone and it said I didn't have the videos app installed and prompted me to download it from the app store.

3. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

Glad wasn’t just me but still a default app just removed meaning to reinstall seems odd

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Must be a regional thing, as I have the TV app on my U.S. phone.

5. FangRock macrumors member

FangRock

I'm in the Uk and mine was missing. When I eventually found it in the App Store, all of my on device videos had been deleted.

6. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

The TV app is US only. Must be some kind of bug that Videos was deleted for UK devices.

7. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I'm in the US, and I find the TV app to be annoying. In making the transition from the Videos app to the TV app, my iPad lost the ability to auto play the next episode of TV seasons I've purchased. This makes binge watching a show less enjoyable, because you have to keep hitting play for each episode.