Videos Like This Are Idiotic (Benchmarks)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iz2sick, Sep 30, 2013.

1. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Who benchmarks this way???

The older generation iPhones are running an entirely different iOS. You cannot benchmark devices using different software. That's just not how you do it. This is on top of the fact that this guy did no other real hardware taxing tests. He didn't run hardware intensive apps like 3D video games, didn't test the cameras... none of that. All he did was shut down, reboot, and load Reddit (which is basically nothing, but text).

Then he makes the determination, in all of his infinite technological wisdom, that the 5S has very minimal advantages.

http://bgr.com/2013/09/30/iphone-speed-test-video/

2. brand, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

brand macrumors 601

brand

Um, if you think its idiotic why would you share the information and then link to it giving them page view counts?

3. zerocool42 macrumors newbie

It wasn't supposed to be an all inclusive scientific benchmark or anything, he's just demonstrating all of the current phones running the latest software as they sit today doing a common task...

Also the reddit page is not just text, it's quite heavy in javascript, which is going to be all down to cpu performance between phones.

Everyone knows the 5S is faster than the 5, but his conclusion is just showing that the difference between the 5S and the 5 is much smaller than say the 5S and a 4. Your average person won't really notice a difference between the 5S and 5 just browsing basic sites and doing basic tasks either. There is nothing wrong with his conclusion.

4. iz2sick thread starter macrumors 6502

iz2sick

I wouldn't have minded the test if he didn't end it with the conclusion that there is barely any difference between various iterations of the phone. You simply can't conclude that based on his tests.

As for Reddit, mmm... I'm no expert, but I don't see a ton of Javascript on the Reddit homepage.

@Brand: Who cares about me giving them page view counts? Can you be any more irrelevant?

5. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Edit: don't wanna get banned again .

But thread titles with capital letters for each word are ______.

6. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Well, i like his conclusion. But that's probably just because I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 4-month-old 5 and paid less than 200 euros for it because I sold the 4.

And now I'm gonna cover my ears and ignore all comments on how the 5s is so much better still, because it rectifies my purchase :)

LALALALALALALALALALALALALLALLALALALLALLALALLLALA