Videos of Os X In Action

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I was wondering if there are any websites(other than the apple website) showing video of the os in action?
thanks.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
ldenman said:
I was wondering if there are any websites(other than the apple website) showing video of the os in action?
thanks.
Getting eager for a mac, eh? :p Try running PearPC on your DELL.

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
been there, done that...
YIKES.
thats all that i have to say...no sound support, no network support, slow as balls.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
ldenman said:
been there, done that...
YIKES.
thats all that i have to say...no sound support, no network support, slow as balls.
When I did it there was network support, sound, and it was pretty slow...registered as a 300Mhz G3.

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
hmmm..i did it a while ago, so maybe they didnt have support....who knows.
but, point is...tooo slow for me..:)

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Heya, I can make some for you and host them for a short while - what size would you like them, and what resolution? My iMac natively runs at 1680x1050 -

Also, anything in the OS you'd like to see in particular?

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
yea man...that would be great...the resolution i'm running is 1280x1024...so i dunno, you dont have to kill yourself over making it perfect. just let me know when you got the videos up and i'll download them so i'm not takin up your space.:)
thanks a lot.

not anything that imparticular, just like opening folders and using the dock and some expose, that should be enough...i actually am trying to convince my mom into buying an mactop :). so i just wanted to show her stuff that would make things easier for her. thanks.

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
Compusa

If you don't have a Apple store near you, why dont u go to Compusa? CompUSA improved their section a lot, there are so many G5 with 23"inch displays all over the place. And most of them are maintained properly - at least the one I go to.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
If the videos turn out decent, i'd kind of like to see them. I like to keep random stuff like that on file in the off chance it might ever come in handy :D

ldenman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
jaykk said:
If you don't have a Apple store near you, why dont u go to Compusa? CompUSA improved their section a lot, there are so many G5 with 23"inch displays all over the place. And most of them are maintained properly - at least the one I go to.
the nearest compusa is right where the freakin mac store...why we dont have a mall up here with a mac store? i dunno.
why we dont have a compusa? i dunno.
why we have a staples? because the freakin tards who run mooresville or Race City Usa SucK!.

done.
:)

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
There was that one video going around showing Tiger at high speeds... with the Audio Bullies soundtrack in the background. It was pretty cool. I actually might have it buried here somewhere...