Videos/Pics of Dying iPhone 6+ 64GB - Kernel Panic and/or NAND flash?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltb7, Oct 16, 2014.

1. ltb7, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

ltb7 macrumors 6502

****11/08 even though I was given a white box replacement iPhone 6+, the battery life is a joke at a few hours much worse than my iPhone 5 in the end - both the Apple store and Apple Care said they would not provide me with a new iPhone 6+ - customer service at Apple.com was willing to help get a brand new iPhone, still waiting for update with a new iPhone 6+ - i love receiving iPhones on launch but not sure I would do again - not apple's beta tester.....

****Wondering if this has something to do with the issue I had:
    "Apple is changing to a different type of NAND flash technology on newly produced iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus units. The move comes as some early adopters have experienced crashing and boot loop issues with the higher capacity versions of both handsets."

****10/30 I called American Express and thank goodness I did not buy iPhone outright yet as they cover around $300 per item (not sure if same on all cards) and Amex said they will return the iPhone 6+ no problem and will even help me get a brand new one! Amex rocks, I have told them of the situation but have not officially filed a claim yet as I am trying to work with Apple.com NOT Apple Care, if you have a problem I would suggest Apple.com over Apple Care based on my experience

****10/28 posted some pics, videos + factory info - not best quality but took them after 5 hours of trying to restore + fix iPhone

****10/16, @ 8:55PM EST - pre ordered a iPhone 6+ 64GB from Apple to use w/ATT - rec'd on launch day 9/19 - my brand new iPhone 6+ died, the iPhone was toast, i waited 4 hours even with an appointment in the packed apple store - he gave me an iPhone 6+ white box, I paid for a blue Apple silicone case (way better than leather IMO) the manager acted like a used car salesman saying white iPhone boxed ones are better than a brand new iPhones as they goes though stricter tests and have over 100 more tests preformed on them?!? he said I had 14 days to return and since I was past that date and I should be lucky that I even had an iPhone 6+ in the first place as most people can't even find one to buy?!?*******

i set up as new, used about 20/30GB out of 64GB and out of no where it just died....

Group1: iPhone
    Group2: 6 plus
    Screen size: 5.5 inch
    Screen resolution: 1920x108 pixels
    Colour: Gold
    Production year: 2014
    Production week: 35 (September)
    Model introduced: 2014
    Capacity: 64GB
    Factory: F2 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

2. dopeman macrumors regular

did you get the phone 1st day or pre-order online?

3. ttmrn macrumors regular

and after all that, u cldn't figure to go to the nearest apple store?

4. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Sadly, there will always be a few dodgey phones in any batch. When 10s of millions of iphones are being manufactured a few will always slip through QC. You're just unlucky!

It's a pain but if a restore from itunes doesn't work then just take it back. (In fact I would take it back even if a restore did solve the problem for now).

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Nah. Gotta update MR first.

6. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

pre ordered online from apple

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If my new phone was doing what you say yours is doing, I would not waste time asking questions here.

8. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

it's a goner, can't get past full blue or red screen, charging my iPhone 5 that is has 0 battery

it's 4:30 am not apple store open, is chat line?

can i switch sim card with att?

9. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Regardless of ordering online or in store go to Apple now and let them sort it, there's nothing anyone here can help you with, update on a forum can wait!

10. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

i thought in my state of exhaustion there may be some magic trick, that someones knows to get it to just making calls as clearly i am off to apple tomm

----------

c'mon where is the sympathy? just wait until it happens to others! ugh!

----------

no store is open for like 5 more hours

----------

exactly, i was loving it as well - they sure better have stock or else!!

11. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Calm down and act as a normal person. It'll get replaced, no doubt. You cannot live for a few hours without a phone?

12. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

it just sucks when you get a brand new iPhone and in 3 weeks its dead....

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hope they have one in stock for you. They are STILL lining up at the local Apple Store every morning.

14. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I'd say calm down, and take the phone to the nearest Apple Store where they will give you a replacement (assuming the trouble didn't start after you dropped the phone in the toilet or after you checked whether you were strong enough to bend it).

There is really no reason to try to fix something for hours when you get it replaced under warranty.

15. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

relax...

part of owning Apple products is we can all walk into Apple Stores and if they cant fix whatevers the issue, they give you a replacement, right there on the spot...

just a few more hours... try getting some zzzzz's... time will pass by faster...

listen, in the grand scheme of things, phone issues are nothing compared to real life problems... just a lil perspective...

16. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

oh god, anyone have the link to that iPhone checker?? and it's a plus - i know ATT has been wiped clean for the past few days near me in store

17. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Apple has spare phones in store for that reason. When they are "sold out" they still have some phones to help people with problem phones.

18. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

you dont need to wait on that line; just walk right in... do try and make an appointment with Apple Genius at the store you plan on going to though...

19. ltb7, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

you are all so sweet but i am not freaking, i honestly thought there may have been issues as i have not watched TV nor been online, nor read much for a week or so - a hurricane was close but then it veered east toward bermuda and thats about it! hope bermuda is ok, great place!!

i though there may be some way to get it working hence my post until i get get to an apple store when i can......:)

still blows for your iPhone to just die......

----------

good - best news so far! thx!!

----------

first appointment for well today is at 3:30PM, wow, nothing in the am at any stores around me.....at this point was hoping to just stay awake, hit work, hit up Starbucks for a few espresso shots and go....

was funny on pre order night/morning for us on EST - saw a few dads, walking kids into school like zombies, they all were spent as they had been up trying to order the iPhone.....when you get older, it is not like being 20 when you can party until dawn and yet be fine the next day!!

20. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

no bending involved, has that not been shut down yet??

no water, no nothing

just got off phone then was putting somethings in notes and bam...

you are totally right that i should not have bothered but i just thought it could not be possible as i just got it, the time kinda flew by...

bed time now

thank you all for supporting my dead iPhone, ha....really hope it's only mine - if anyone cares, i have the batch info somewhere, i can post later

21. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I don't know what to tell you then... It's past 14 days so you won't be able to exchange it... Is the store nearby? Make the appointment and go in when the store opens and make a big fuss? Tell them you need the phone for work and how you expected Apple products to be more reliable than this...

Walk in with no case and they may even throw you a free case... I had issues with my NEXT upgrade eligibility and had to wait for over an hour... The manager told me to grab a case for free for the trouble...

22. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

mine is an att next too, made an appt for earliest i could get at 3:30pm

its 20 mins so close, the others are much farther.....

thx for info, they better give me a brand new one, it is after exchange period though, no white boxes!! thx!

23. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If OP received it on launch day, OP is definitely out of the return window.

----------

I guess if you are going afternoon then appointment is necessary but if you can, try to go right at store opening and you don't really need to set up an appointment.

I never make appointments for the genius bar and I just go there at 10 am and I am able to see a genius bar without any hassle or problem and I'm able to get my issues resolved.

But of course I understand, this may not work for some people as they work.

24. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

When I had an update problem with my 6 I just walked in because the genius bar was showing fully booked for the following 4 days. They dealt with me without any prior booking being made.