View all exchange / email folders at once with iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ian2000gsxr, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ian2000gsxr macrumors newbie

I'm used to Touchdown on my other phone which is an Android device.
    With that app I can select which folders I would like to sync and then I have the option to "view all folders" By doing this my mail still gets sorted into folders via the rules I've set up in Outlook but I get a "unifed inbox" if you will on the phone with everyhing all lumped together in chronological order....I can also view individual folders if I please.

The iphone is driving me crazy as I've not found a way to do this.
    It seems I have to go to each folder individually. Additionally I've noticed that if I get an email direct to my inbox, great, I get a notification badge etc...If it goes to any other folder then I get nothing...no idea I have a new email, no vibration, no notification, nothing. Yes those folders have been set to push.

So my question is is it possible to do what I've desscribed on my iphone using the stock email app or is there a third party app that will do this?

Please don't tell me to ditch my rules and send everything to the inbox as I get hundreds of emails per day and that is not a valid option for me as I need them organized within Outlook and there is no way I'm going to do that manually.

Thanks for any help.
    -Ian

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The iPhone unified inbox is only for stuff in the "inbox" folder of each account. Unfortunately I don't think the iPhone will do what you want.

3. ian2000gsxr thread starter macrumors newbie

What about Sparrow? Anyone used that?
    Though it seems it doesn't have Exchange nor Push support quite yet.

4. ian2000gsxr thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

I use Sparrow, its the best app ever! But all my accounts are iCloud or google apps accounts. You are right it doesnt do Exchange or push yet.