Viewing notifications on the lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Manzanas, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Manzanas macrumors member

So I've heard a lot of people say that one of the big downfalls of the iPhone 4S is that you can't see your notifications on the lock screen. I am referring to the pull down notification screen. I guess this is one of the things that fuels the future jailbreak. But is anybody concerned with privacy? I mean, the point of the lock screen is that nobody can see you what's on your phone right? My lock screen is password protected, and the reason for that is that if I lose my phone nobody else can get to my information. And hopefully I would wipe the phone before they can break the password. Notifications on the lock screen would be able to be seen by anybody who gets a hold of my phone, including your new messages, appointments, etc.

Any thoughts?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yes it is a privacy issue. But you can also change what notifications you want shown on the lockscreen.

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Not sure what you're looking for here in terms of "thoughts" but, while I am concerned with privacy and have my passcode lock set to "Immediate", I have most of my notifications set to appear on the lock screen. The only notification that can be accessed without the passcode is the missed call notification and, in my opinion, it wouldn't make sense for someone who stole my phone to call someone who called me whose call I missed.

4. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

through the notifications you can still get to the missed call screen, but it auto dials when you swype the notification.

5. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Wrong choice of words -> wrong implication -> confusion

6. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

this is probably a privacy thing apple put in place.

7. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Heck, I wish you could turn off the Notification Screen altogether. I have nothing in my Notification Center yet the screen still slides down. I find myself at times accidently swiping it down when accessing a folder I have in the top row.

At the very least I wish you could close the Notification screen simply by swipning back up ANYWHERE in the screen, not just that spot in the botton-center of it. Then it would not be as annoying when accidently swiping it down.

Mike

8. Manzanas thread starter macrumors member

I like the notification screen, I just wish we could customize it a little more. Adding a newsfeed would be nice.