Violent Black Lives Matter Protest erupts at Dartmouth campus

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by smellysox8, Nov 16, 2015.

1. smellysox8 macrumors regular

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/16/black-lives-matter-protesters-berate-white-student/'

Education is racist apparently.

2. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

BLM's no reason for being, nor it's silly and unfounded predations, furnishes sufficient fodder to create way too many threads.

Fewer threads would result where the topic is how BLM has not made an utter ass of itself.

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

It takes real bravery to interrupt kids studying in a library.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I find it sad that the Leader of BLM Shaun King BLM Activists Shaun King is White.
    If this is true he took away a chance that another black guy to go to College!

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Young people making a youthful mistake, misdirecting moral indignation regarding a very real injustice. Absolutely appalling, but hardly surprising.

In other news, an adolescent has a sulk while a 2-year-old has a tantrum.

7. Populism, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Ah, the ol' Hardly Surprising. The first and last rhetorical tool geared at changing the subject.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

These goons are doing a great job of making your non-racist average joe hate them.

One woman was reportedly pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted “filthy white b–-” in her face.

Hope they arrested those baboons for assault and battery.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm amazed at the amount of effort you (the typical mindset here which is self evident and needs not be named) guys put into finding and posting every bit of out of context footage you can find...usually as it get's plastered all over the likes of Faux News or Drudge....but can't seem to find a word to speak about racial inequality that is systemic in almost every area of American life.

Have fun on the losing side of history as we look back at the movements springing up today and wondering why in the world we looked at the notion of actual systemic equality as a bad thing.

^ to the post above me, nice job on the blatantly dog whistle labels :rolleyes:.

I take it you guys are going to be a really fun generation to kick out of power in a decade or two.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Get off your high horse. Maybe if these people want society to take their "plight" seriously, they should start acting like civilized adults and stop assaulting innocent college students who are just trying to get an education. A 20-whatever-year-old girl studying in a library isn't responsible one bit for institutionalized problems that have manifested itself over the 250 years.

Every single one of these losers should have been arrested for trespassing and disturbing the peace.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Blah, Blah, Blah.

History in the USA has shown ONE fact to be true. NOTHING changes in this country in terms of rights if people don't make a scene and show they aren't going to back down. Personally I abhor violence and think these demonstrations should keep completely peaceful.

That said, there is an endless track record of the population here selecting isolated incidents and assigning them to the character of entire movements.

Enjoy your racist posts MR, they're everywhere in the last few days. I'm going to work.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If I remember correctly BLM shoved Bernie off stage as well, seems to be a reoccurring theme.

What are they standing for again? Black people being able to commit strong armed robbery and then assault a cop/attempt to steal their weapon without fear of being shot?

13. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

They made students get up to show support, or they had to face consequences?
    Kinda like ISIS if you ask me, convert or die..

Hopefully their touching of others like pinning against the wall ends in a nice suit against the group for having non peaceful protests.

It's just more BS, too aggressive, and not needed.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The more likely scenario is that they assault the wrong person, get shot, and then have another protest about black lives dieing in the street.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What's with this Us. vs Them mentality BLM and all these other goddamn SJWs have? You can't even disagree with them and their methods without being labeled a racist.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

You wanna talk racism? Start with that video. A bunch of people running around like screaming children assaulting and harassing students and yelling "**** white people." BLM is a hate group now apparently.

Maybe they should try practicing what they preach. Instead, they go around assaulting and harassing people, acting racist, and then they cry when people don't take them seriously. **** that.

Then their "supporters" will drone on calling anyone who doesn't support their hate group tactics and assault "racist". Lol, what a joke. That's a good way to piss off people who would otherwise be sympathetic to your cause.

17. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Well that is a good way to have your concerns not taken seriously. I don't understand why black people haven't figured out white folks don't respond to violence against their person in the manner in which they (black people) were hoping.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm not talking about Zioxide here with the racism label. I'm talking about the people, you know who those posters are, that don't even bother to withhold their clear hatred of people.

It's incredibly interesting that out of the thousands of BLM actions taken across the country ONLY the ones that turn ugly are covered by the media and spread like wildfire from the likes of Breitbart and Fox News. I wonder why...

19. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

These coddled kids are not going to enjoy the real world.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I can't decide who is more oppressed: Yale students or Dartmouth students. I mean, these private Ivy League universities are worse than a 1920s turpentine farm in the Florida panhandle.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

Replace your last word people with the word Christians and then take a look at a few other current threads. ;)

The reality is that commentary is about the topic of this thread, compounded with what's been seen elsewhere, The Bern's mike surrendering included.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Millions of people own firearms and the only coverage I see are of shootings, I wonder why?

23. smellysox8 thread starter macrumors regular

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I speak only for myself, but I do regard myself as a supporter of black lives matter because I think we have problem with policing in America, and blacks are just the start of something far worse happening in this nation. Maybe we can roll back the issues or at least expose them now before black lives matter becomes full on police state.

That said, what we see in this video is far as hell from a movement. It's embarrassing, lazy, and does absolutely nothing to bring attention to a real issue in a constructive way.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440