Virtue desktops Help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tennismanclay, Jun 27, 2007.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

I've been using VirtueDesktops for a while now and have been very satisfied. However, lately i have been using windows xp via parallels in fullscreen mode. The only problem is that i want to switch between my two desktops Mac and Windows xp with a keyboard shortcut. In the settings in virtue desktops i set a keyboard shortcut to switch between my desktops with a apple right arrow or apple left arrow, and this works, but not when im using parallels.:confused:

What really bothers me is that i use to could do it, i could hit apple right arrow to switch to mac, and apple left arrow to switch back to windows xp in parallels.

I simply would like to have two desktops, one mac the other windows xp and switch between them with a keyboard shortcut instead of having to hit alt enter to get out of the windows xp full screen mode and then hit apple right arrow.

I just dont understand why it wont work when im in parallels..
    Any suggestions are welcome.

Clay

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

when ur in parallels it forgets apple commands, as the computer only recognises pc commands... i just had a quick look in parallels cauz i thout they had custom keys that u can add, but they didnt. sorry mate ill get back to ya if i get nething

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

if ur in parallels full screen.. then hit Ctrl-Alt, you can then use mac shortcuts. such as :apple: right/left

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Under Universal Access, is the check-box "Enable access for assistive devices" checked? If so, uncheck it and see if it works. :)

5. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Thanks for the replys guys, i decided to just set it to a mouse command instead of a keyboard command, now i just hold shift and go to the edge of my screen with my mouse and it switches. Also yesterday i got ubuntu working in parallels, so i can switch between mac windows and linux easily.

Its hilarious to see my friends freak out when i switch from mac to windows and then to linux :D

Clay

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

interesting!!1 how did u get ubuntu working!? it refuses to work on mine. :mad: ive tried a bootable cd of the older version, 6? and a dmg of the newer one 7?? whicheva the latest and 2nd latest ones were.. any ideas>?<