Visual front end for Apache? (free)

Chisholm

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I've been looking around for a while for a visual application to control Apache. Any suggestions? I found one app, but it was to expensive. Seems like something Apple would have included with OSX. Oh wait, they did. If you're using OSXserver. Couldn't be hard to make a control panel for it. Right?

Any suggestions would be welcome. I work in a state university and funding is tough right now, so price is an issue.

thanks!

Chisholm

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
!!!!Thanks Verbose!!!!

I did find the webmin thing one late night after a few cocktails and it scared me. I've little experience with Linux/ Unix stuff in the past. I've just grown tired of editing the 20+pages of the httpd.conf file in RedHat and thought a nice little control panel would be perfect. I think I'll give the webmin thing a shot. Might as well destroy the OS now before putting the machine online for users to lose stuff.

Thanks again!
John

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
update

i couldn't get netloony to work but i didn't try very hard. it looks like a good app. java apps seem to run really nice in OS X. i've got DbVisualizer and works like a dream.

i_b_joshua

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.