Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/6035347/Vodafone-increases-iPhone-4S-price

Vodafone is increasing the cost of the iPhone 4S on its two cheapest monthly plans as of midnight due to strong demand.

Spokesman Matt East said as of midnight tonight people would pay $300 more for the handset when they signed up to its $45 and $65 a month plans.

That would increase the cost of a 16 gigabyte iPhone 4S on the $45 a month, two year plan from $649 to $949.

Mr East said initial sales of the iPhone 4S had exceeded expectations. "Unfortunately due to the high volume of sales to date we are unable to continue the launch pricing on $45 and $65 plans."

Vodafone always do this. Get the iPhone on board and then raise the cost of them. Did it with the original iPhone as well.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
The iPhone 4S (16GB, unlocked from Apple) sells for $NZ1049 ($US775).

LOL I guess AppleJuiced had a brain lapse because 1) he posted the US prices and 2) Vodafone isn't in the US. So those two can't happen at the same time.

Unless he was suggesting you fly to the US and buy a phone ... but I'm sure it wasn't that either.

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
LOL I guess AppleJuiced had a brain lapse because 1) he posted the US prices and 2) Vodafone isn't in the US. So those two can't happen at the same time.

Unless he was suggesting you fly to the US and buy a phone ... but I'm sure it wasn't that either.

Actually the article states the price increased from $649 to 949, I can see how someone not used to the pricing of plans etc here might think that was the straight out retail price. The article probably wasn't clear to overseas readers.

The $949 price is still subsidized by the plan, but only just. crappy move by vodaphone and again validating my decision to pay for our iPhones upfront and go prepay on them rather than getting sucked into a contract

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Actually the article states the price increased from $649 to 949, I can see how someone not used to the pricing of plans etc here might think that was the straight out retail price. The article probably wasn't clear to overseas readers.

The $949 price is still subsidized by the plan, but only just. crappy move by vodaphone and again validating my decision to pay for our iPhones upfront and go prepay on them rather than getting sucked into a contract

Oh, I got you.
It's $649 off contract here so that's probably what he thought it was.
Damn that's expensive!:eek:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Lol :D
Wasnt sure if he was talking US converted prices or NZ.
So getting it from Voda for $949 with a contract or paying $NZ1049 without a 2 year agreement if Im understanding this right. I would still pay $100 and get it without a contract and unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.