Carrier Vodafone UK 20GB Sim Only.. now £20pm.. includes free one of Spotify, Netflix, Now TV or Sky Sports!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by kkh786, Feb 11, 2016.

1. kkh786 macrumors regular

kkh786

Looks like a great deal for the 20GB Sim only 12 month contract from Vodafone UK (especially for those Three UK legacy One Plan folks)!
    • Unlimited minutes
    • Unlimited texts
    • 20GB data (incl. tethering)
    • 12 months free Spotify, Netflix, Now TV or 6 months free Sky Sports Mobile
    Reduced from £40 per month to £20 per month!

Possible cashback from Quidco (£40) or TopCashBack (£78.75)

Possible Vodafone Employee Advantage of 20% (so £16pm or £192 total)

Offer ends on 3rd March 2016 (http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/b/index.htm)

Beware that Vodafone is the only major network that doesn't cap data, so if you go over your 20GB limit it's £6.50 for every 500MB (inc. VAT) of extra UK data you use. This is automatic, too, so please keep a close eye on your allowances guys, otherwise it'll sting you in the long run.

2. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

Anyone used Vodafone? Seems like a great deal...if their speeds are good.

3. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Vodafone LTE speeds are aOK; I've reached up to 70Mb/s down in some cases (uploads were around 20Mb/s).

And that's using Band 20; I've yet to be in an area with Carrier Aggregation.

However... Customer service can be woeful. You can have the simplest of problems and it becomes a mountain out of a molehill so be warned.

4. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

Yeah....I've heard customer service can be lacking. Think I'll stick to Three for now.

5. gr4z macrumors regular

Vodafone is OK in built up town/cities but I have found their data lacking in rural areas.

6. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Yes rural areas leave a lot to be desired at the moment.

The Cornerstone Project in conjunction with o2 does mean if/when they upgrade the local network 4G coverage is vastly improved.

7. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

8. Quicklite macrumors regular

That's a good deal! Can't wait to renewal and get a new phone, in 6 month... :(

9. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

In terms of Vodafone failing to cap data I'm a member of their Pulse survey group.

We had an email a few weeks ago and it mentioned they were toying with the idea of bringing it in.

10. r6mile macrumors 6502

I just signed up to this! Only marginally more expensive than my 3GB Tesco Mobile deal, but tons more data. And their Europe Zone charges were also a big plus.