Voice and data roaming should I turn it off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Laidbackal, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Laidbackal macrumors regular

I have sprint service and I have voice data turned on I'm thinking I should turn it off do you leave your roaming on or off.

2. Laidbackal thread starter macrumors regular

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Roaming where?

If you're gonna be in the US, then I would keep it on. I don't think Sprint will charge you for voice roaming in the US but you should check with them. I don't have Sprint, so yeah. But that's what I imagine. Same thing with data, as long as your in the US I don't think they'll charge you. I bet they'll only give you 1xRTT speeds though, which is fairly useless. But check with your carrier if they'll charge you!!

Roaming outside of the US?
    They will charge you for sure. Should you turn it off? We don't know ... do you need cellular service in foreign countries? Do you mind paying their outrageous fees? Up to you to decide.

I'm on AT&T. I only see a data roaming option but I turned it off because I get service everywhere, so I know I won't need to roam. Just to be safe because I don't want any surprises on my bill (even though I know it's nearly impossible unless I knowingly use my phone in a different country). Sprint coverage is more spotty than AT&T though so if I had Sprint I'd leave it on.

4. Laidbackal thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you.

----------

My issue is if I leave voice and data on would it affect my battery life wordoflife.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

6. Laidbackal thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks verwon about that battery life though would leaving it on affect it.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope.
    When you got Sprint service, it'll connect to Sprint.
    When you don't, it'll connect to one of Sprint's partners.

Either way, the phone will see the networks. Whether it will connect to it based on whether you've got roaming off or on.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Preferred roaming partner is Verizon, so it's usually a good signal, anyway.